XC combinations

crumpet2

Visit site
Hi everyone,

I was wandering, as I have been a little confused!, if at a combination fence you have a stop or run out at part B or C do you have to jump part A again? or can you just jump the part you had trouble with?
Thanks!

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
You don't have to jump the whole lot again although you may do so. So if you run out at part b you can just attempt b again or if it is easier you can do a and b.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Can you jump A again if you only have a run out at B? I had the idea in my head that if it was an 'open' combination then you couldn't jump A again hence some fences have alternatives which are 'get out of jail' if you get a stop or a run out at part B. I thought rejumping A would get you TE?

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
You had me worried there but just checked the rule book

"Except in the case of re-taking an obstacle with a number of elements, following refusal or run-out, no obstacle may be jumped more than once"

It doesn't matter if it is closed combination or not.

SpottedCat

Visit site
I'm sure I had a convo with someone earlier this season about an E on their record where they jumped a double of corners, had a run out at the second element and did both corners again to train the horse - this was either at OI or advanced. I'm not dreaming the conversation, but maybe I didn't get the full picture and they were seperately numbered because you are deffo right as I looked it up too!
grin.gif