Xc course recommendation in the North

Muddyboots

Visit site
I've dedicated the next month or so to getting over my phobia of any xc fence involving a ditch! I plan on getting round as many xc courses as possible. Willing to travel 2.5 hours from York for a course with a decent amount of ditches. Please can I have any recommendations.

I've been to somerford a few times recently so not looking to go there again (as much as I enjoy it!)

Many thanks

Batgirl

Visit site
Helen Bells nice varied course, has a BE and RC events held there so good jumps.
Escrick Park (though not too sure about the ditches)
Craven Country ride (you can look at their jumps online)

Muddyboots

Visit site
Thanks. I plan on gong to HB's after the be event. It's shut now!

I wasn't sure if craven would be technical enough. Does it have combinations??

Many thanks.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Second Helen Bells, also recommend a lesson with her as opposed to just hiring. Loads of jumps, combinations, waters, ditches, steps.......... She is very insightful.

Yorkshire Riding centre also good, have ditch in a combo and a whole lot more installed for Olympic Training. Some of the ditches suitable for a novice horse, but I think you need a lesson too, they do not offer the option of just hire.

Would Grange De Lings opposite Lincoln show ground be within your time scale? No trainer on site, but lovely course, tiny ditches to huge chasms.

Epworth Eqestrian off the m180 has a ditch.

What about Bishop Burton College. Not hired it but seen that they do. How about Askam Bryan college, do they hire out as they do a BE event?

Manor Farm at Howden, lower jumps and as much a nice farm ride, can't remember much other than a good water and some steps, but I am sure they will have ditches, I think they have fences in photos on their web page so you could check online.

There was a course near York on one of those ones where it is "course no **", it was something farm, I am sure someone on here will enlighten me. I only went once and the ground was so hard we did very little, but the people were friendly. It was near Easingwold if I recollect.

There is a course at Spofforth near Harrogate that has a ditch on a hillside.

Cazzah

Visit site
Newton which is a Bede managed one near Shelford Manor would be just about within your time frame. http://www.newtoncrosscountry.co.uk/newton/

Epworth Equestrian have put some new ditches in so there are now two ditch 'areas' - one is the coffin and has a variety of fences around it for schooling over combinations. There's also 3 trakheners.

MuddyTB

Visit site
There was a course near York on one of those ones where it is "course no **", it was something farm, I am sure someone on here will enlighten me. I only went once and the ground was so hard we did very little, but the people were friendly. It was near Easingwold if I recollect.

That would be Thornton Lodge Farm near Easingwold. A stream running through so 2 water/ditch crossings there but no other ditches and nothing big depending on what you are looking for.

Never been, but there is Courses 4 Horses at Stamford Bridge or Red House run XC scholling sessions.

dollymix

Visit site
I wasn't sure if craven would be technical enough. Does it have combinations??

Many thanks.
I wouldn't bother with Craven for XC schooling. It's great fun as a farm ride but nothing really technical for schooling I would say. It's also great for fitness as BIG hills to climb!

They do have a new water complex (and a ditch as part of that) but there water complexes are more water splashes. They also have a small schooling field but I wouldn't call it technical or challenging for those competing at BE