XC courses in Essex/ close to M25

amycamycamyc

Visit site
Does anyone know of any XC courses that are open to the public for schooling, in the Essex area? ideally the london side of essex rather than t'other side?!
i have googled aggressively but not really turned up much.... lots of them seem to have closed in the last few years :-(

thanks very much!

9tails

Visit site
Downhouse is close to the A12 Chelmsford turnoff. It's quite small and basic. I've been here quite a bit and it's good fun though not a huge amount of variety.

Stanford Rivers in Ongar, not far from M25. That one looks a lot more advanced though there are smaller jumps for lesser mortals (me). I haven't been here but want to.

ghostie

Visit site
I second the Stamford Rivers suggestion. They hold a lot of PC hunter trials there so it's very good from a safety perspective as well as having a good range of jumps

JFTDWS

Visit site
I wouldn't be jumping anything on the ground we have here at the minute :( it's horrific... But hey, that's Essex for you :mad3:

LaurenBay

Visit site
Stanford rivers (also known as Berwick Farm) is lots of fun. Lots of different jumps, good for all abilities. Would recommend :)

amycamycamyc

Visit site
do you know why they closed it???

They sold the land and i assume the new owners have other plans for it...
Thinking about it I wonder what they did with the jumps? I might opportunistically give them a call and see if they want me to re-home any of them now they're not using them.....!

amycamycamyc

Visit site
I wouldn't be jumping anything on the ground we have here at the minute :( it's horrific... But hey, that's Essex for you :mad3:

oh dear :-( The rain last night hopefully helped and I think its supposed to rain again today....
thanks for the heads-up, i'll keep a close eye on it.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Coursers xc off the m25 j22

Its Coursers Farm on the A414 in Hertfordshire I think you would come off at j22 on the M25, its a lovely course all the jumps have a surface around them so great for any weather, its £10 for as long as you like I go just to hack round as I dont jump, they have a really good water jump.