XC Schooling - A dual HHO'er report

dianchi

Visit site
So following acquiring new big girl pants i decided to put them to the test and take the ginger one XC schooling yesterday. Added to this i convinced JFTD to bring super D along for experience (i'll let her report on her schooling round) (though ignore her if she says he was bad- he wasnt!)

Jumped some lovely little warm up fences before getting cross after she stopped a sensible fence, that then resulted in some pretty big (well for us) and challenging fences as my blood was up :)

Water is no longer a problem (after years of teaching her to jump over it as a SJ) we now understand that a water complex you can splash in :)
Ditches are still an issue when we first see them and we tend to fall in the first one of the day then get our arse in gear and any after arent a problem!

Jumped some super skinnies too, and even with a super wiggle between the two parts got her over it first time without stopping! Although we did then land on a fence and get a nice lovely graze/crater on her tooth pick legs (sound today thank god!)

All in all I'm pretty pleased with her, and have booked in for a XC clinic at Keysoe in Two weeks, followed by an ODE there two weeks after!

My only question is what Saddlecloth do you all use? Our colours are two tone blue (love a bit of matchy matchy) and i just hacked round in "home" one yesterday.
My SJ one is a bit thick and she gets mega warm under it if I XC in it. So looking for a new option :)

Pics just cos I can! All thanks to JFTD super mum!

photo_zpsb5182bb1.jpg

photo5_zpsdf94d92d.jpg

photo4_zps82895232.jpg

photo3_zps9ff9fe2d.jpg

photo2_zps70c664d0.jpg

photo1_zpscc62ae2b.jpg

Sorry if pics are massive!

Charmin

Visit site
Lovely horse and I like your position!

Though I could never dream of going XC without gloves - how do you do it?! Please send some tips for my wimpy hands. I swear I blister if something breaths on them.

dianchi

Visit site
Thank you, she's not bad for 21 ;)

I hate wearing gloves- accept for my Roekl ones I have for dressage- and as they only last me a year of only wearing in competitions I'm not prepared to keep shelling out!

I do have soft webber/continental reins which I never blister with! Rubber ones I can see how that would happen!

Bernster

Visit site
They are great pics, love the look of the course and the weather looks good too. Nice turnout, I like the blue matchy matchy, shame it's too thick for xc outings. No recommendations though as I tend to use the lemieux (impossible to spell) ones with integrated sheepskin. I have got a new mattes one and they do loads of colours and are a good brand I understand, although I don't think you can get patterns (but you can get things like piping).

Typically, I can't do the xc clinic either as we have a dressage thing on at our yard. Too many things to do, never enough time! Good luck though, sounds like fun.

Steorra

Visit site
Lovely pics! Which course is this, please? It looks great. A PM would be super if you don't want to leave a public trail.

Best of luck with the clinic :)

LeannePip

Visit site
Great Pictures!

I use the Lemieux close contact saddle cloths ones the have waffle wicking on the underside - they do them in Navy!

dianchi

Visit site
Great Pictures!

I use the Lemieux close contact saddle cloths ones the have waffle wicking on the underside - they do them in Navy!

I have the prem equine version already and that's really thick and gets soaked!
Hence after new options!