XC Schooling in the Sun`

measles

Visit site
We've not done much xc schooling recently for a variety of reasons. A was on holiday, I've been flat out as the students are back at work, B has been out and about with his new small pony etc etc.

But today we made up for it! I took a couple of liveries/chums from the yard along with us and A rode Chloe who came over from ireland a few weeks ago and he is eyeing up to event next season and sj over the winter. One of the others has a chestnut mare she bought from us and who shares Clover Hill as a grandsire with Chloe, and the other gelding is chestnut too, so very much a ginger day out!

Chloe took to it like a duck to water

Chloexc2.jpg

201209151100422.jpg

Chloexc.jpg

Pinging over everything and enjoying herself in her very polite, snaffle mouthed way. She does like to keep her toes out of trouble ;)

201209151039411.jpg

To finish off they all had a gallop through a rather large water feature (read puddle)

201209151054312.jpg

and A came back saying he might join Quadro, Figjam and chums doing some dressage and galloping next year :D

Scarlett

Visit site
Awwww! I recognise the ginger in the middle of the last pic from many moons ago - so pleased to see he's still going at his age :) gingers rock!

measles

Visit site
Yes, EEC. Strathearn has more challenging terrain but lots of the fences were closed yesterday as they had a PC branch coming in for lessons today. Such a shame it was lovely yesterday but pouring today.

Really pleased with her as she has way more scope than I first thought. Lots of let's keep her lobbying going on but what's new. Just a shame the season is over.

Jnhuk

Visit site
Yes, EEC. Strathearn has more challenging terrain but lots of the fences were closed yesterday as they had a PC branch coming in for lessons today. Such a shame it was lovely yesterday but pouring today.

Really pleased with her as she has way more scope than I first thought. Lots of let's keep her lobbying going on but what's new. Just a shame the season is over.

Lovely photos. There is talk about Drumclog running an October ODE - either as a rescheduled BE or unaff under BE rules so I am crossing fingers and toes that there will be one final fling!