Xc schooling what do you do Winter?

stacey_lou

Visit site
Just wondering am kicking off in March with Poplar park being a Suffolk girl where do you go XC schooling leading up to the beginning of the season?

Only Stratford Hills is closed till March and so Id Poplar park? need some advise please?

Thank you

Jules19

Visit site
There is always Elveden for the gallopy bits, pretty sure they open all year round and being in the forest the going isn't usually too deep. Does rather depend on what height you are after though as whilst it is a challenge for me and ginge I appreciate it may not be so for most ;)

stacey_lou

Visit site
Thank you, our yard closes its course From November till March we can still ride across it only cant use the fences apart from the ones in the woodland.

We only need 3ft fences and Elveden only has a few 2'6" fences

I know Blackwater is open which like Keysoe is 2hours away but im sure it will all pay off

Last edited:

Rosiefan

Visit site
Finchingfield EC does XC schooling before the beginning of the season - it's on a surface but they put up skinnies/corners etc and is good practice after a winter away. It's possibly too far for you but perhaps some of your local SJ venues might be doing likewise (or might be persuaded to ;)).

CParker

Visit site
Eleveden forest is V gd for a pre season whip round esp if other venues are closed we usually take ours doesn't matter about the height it's mainly the principles of the Xc that are useful for all!! We've taken babies for first experience upto novice, otherwise its Blackwater-Ely-Burnham really...