XC trainer? nort west

diggerbez

Visit site
hey folks

i need a trainer for XC i've decided...any suggestions for a good one in the north west? the problem is that i work full time so will need to be someone who can be quite flexible with when they train....

_jetset_

Visit site
Andrea Johnson (nee Morris) is really good...
smile.gif

Shrimp

Visit site
How far are you willing to travel? Louise is good but she's recently moved to shropshire and I dont know how much teaching she's doing at the moment.
At Somerford theres Andrew Heffernan who is really good if you like his style of teaching, he wont hesitate to push you!
grin.gif

Richard Carruthers is also fab, and I had lessons first thing in the morning but also like 6pm after school, he's usually pretty flexible. He doesnt have xc at his place but will likely travel to Kelsall Hill. Does very good practise xc in the arena with skinnies and corners etc

diggerbez

Visit site
well i was thinking laura fortune at somerford, have had andy before but think he might get on my nerves on a more regular basis
wink.gif
but had actually forgotten about richard carruthers...i'm going on a camp with him at the end of Feb so guess that would be a good time to tap him up about lessons wouldn't it?!

JS- where is andrea based?

Shrimp

Visit site
Haha fair enough I can see where you are coming from!
grin.gif

Indeed it probably would, see what you think of him and just ask, im sure he'd be more than happy.

lizzieb

Visit site
Duncan Douglas at Balterley near Crewe is excellent. He's got a huge outdoor with a full set of showjumps and also does lots of teaching at Somerford, Smallwood, Kelsall etc.

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Duncan Douglas at Balterley near Crewe is excellent. He's got a huge outdoor with a full set of showjumps and also does lots of teaching at Somerford, Smallwood, Kelsall etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

i didn't realise he was still teaching? i had a couple of lessons with him years ago and really rated him...do you have contact details by any chance? Crewe would be too far for me but somerford etc is doable....
smile.gif