Xmas Presents for Stable Girls

ossy

Visit site
Sorry another Xmas present thread but just wanted opinions please. Full livery yard We have two stable girls along with YO, they all do an amazing job, I have YO present she is easily to buy for but the girls are harder and I usually get them chocolates to wrap with some vouchers for somewhere usually boots... Is this imaginative enough, shows enough appreciation? or does anyone else have any suggestions?

TuscanBunnyGirl

Visit site
As a groom I always loved getting something little that I could use ex. socks or gloves or a horsey headband etc but vouchers and chocolates are a lovely gift too! :) forces them not to smell of horses for a tiny bit as well ;)

benz

Visit site
I think the gift you already give is so very thoughtful, us grooms love chocolates! Also as Tuscan Bunny Girl says warm things for winter are always appreciated.

I find my hands get so dry working outdoors so a nice moisturising hand cream such as aveeno or the body shop's hemp hand cream are great.

Batgirl

Visit site
I'm doing similar - got fluffy knee length socks, a bottle each and a handmade soft toy (penguins that my mum makes).

Always seems appreciated. Also I know their favourite biscuits are Custard Creams so will buy a bulk load of them too.

turnbuckle

Visit site
Just what I was going to suggest:

Large pack of ibuprofen
Many many bars of chocolate
Pack of fags and lighter if smokers
Bottle of whisky or brandy for REALLY bad days!
Hammer to hit really naughty horses on head ....(JOKING).

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Lovely thing to do, I always appreciated practical things (socks, gloves, hats), bottles of wine, chocolate, biscuits - anything really, it is just lovely to be appreciated. I still have a beautiful porcelain dressing table box from one livery years back, and a Tintin and Snowy t-shirt which I wore until my son claimed it, and he now wears it a lot. It must have been a good quality one :)

ihatework

Visit site
I've always done presents in the past but last year I just wrapped up a small token gift and then gave cold hard cash in a card. It went down very very well!

Fools Motto

Visit site
All the above are wonderful, but also I loved it when I got given a 'free massage/pamper session' at a local spa - my back loved that!!

alice1234

Visit site
I think something small like a bar of chocolate or a bath bomb etc along with a card with some cash in it, then they can buy something they want/need so you can't really go wrong