Yard Dilema! South yorks area....

jaye1780

Visit site
I am currently at a yard which I love BUT I currently have 3 horses and only 2 stables. They wont let one live out and the 3rd is only there because he had an accident and needed a stable. I had him on a different yard which was a nightmare and I had hoped a stable would come up at this yard. Well after several horses being up for sale/took back off/simply not sold I am now realising its just not going to happen. They seem reluctant to offer an alternative at the yard which leaves me with trying to find a new yard for all 3! I can find one stable at most yards nearby but not 3 :(

So this is a plea for ideas of DIY yards left to try from anyone who knows the area and surrounding areas - I live Sheffield S25 area and currently stabled Sheffield S26 area. I need the yard to be a 20 min drive at the absolute max but would prefer much less than this (current yard 10 min drive, 5 miles away).

Yards that are out of the question are - Roddis (laughton), Spa (treeton), Woodall, bruces (killamarsh), thorpe salvin, brightmores (no stables), Clumber, walkers (holme house).

jaye1780

Visit site
anyone??? Looking at laughton/thurcroft/ulley/aston/woodhouse mill/wickersley/todwick/tickhill/killamarsh/kiveton/harthill/thorpe salvin/carlton areas - possibly a little further - any suggestions appreciated :D

Rockchick

Visit site
If you only want DIY Stoney Brigg at tickhill do DIY, have indoor and outdoor schools, miles of hacking and their own XC course, horses can live out in summer but are stabled at night in winter… PM me for number..

Our yard in wadworth has 2 stables available (full or part livery only) and is 5 mins drive from Stoney Brigg (just a random fact - sorry)

MardyMare

Visit site
You have Thorpe Salvin on both for and against - which have you tried? There are a couple Carlton way - North Anston? Are you near Central Wool Growers in Worksop - there are often ads up in there? Good luck. I had the same problem for my three. One stable usually ok to find - two a little trickier and three - well good luck lol.

Last edited:

jaye1780

Visit site
Hi thanks for that :D The problem im having is I need 3 stables which seems to be mission impossible :( Stoney are always full up or one stable which is a shame as lovely yard. Your yard might have been an option but again only 2 free lol although I dont think I could afford 3 there if its the one im thinking of (well 4 but ones a mini who shares a stable with one or he weaves)! I live in the wrong area, all the yards with more room are miles away but then petrol costs more than if they were all on full livery....typical :)

jaye1780

Visit site
You have Thorpe Salvin on both for and against - which have you tried? There are a couple Carlton way - North Anston? Are you near Central Wool Growers in Worksop - there are often ads up in there? Good luck. I had the same problem for my three. One stable usually ok to find - two a little trickier and three - well good luck lol.

Sorry I forgot to put which yard there - I tried greens on common lane but they are full, only reason for crossing off the list :( I dont know Carlton very well to know which ones there apart from walkers so any suggestions would be good :) North anston only has one that I know of but no room/full livery. Never been to central wool growers but will have a trip to look at ad's later thanks :D lol finding 3 is worse than good luck! I found somewhere private but it was too far and private so if I couldnt get for any reason I would have been stuck so that was crossed off. everything else has one or none. My OH has made it very clear that having one on a different yard is not an option too :(

tinap

Visit site
Shame your not nearer to donny, I know a yard that has 3 stables free! I know a lot of people over your way so if I hear of summat ill let you know xx

jaye1780

Visit site
Thanks Tinap :D Just managed to resolve the problem afterall yay! Saw the YO rather than his wife this time when I just paid my rent and he said he is going to make a temp stable if none come up before winter....woohoo :D Said they wouldnt turf my extra one out to find a new home lol, so I am so relieved!

Best outcome afterall, love the yard so would have been gutted to leave! Thanks for help though everyone :D