Yard rental costs?

Gamebird

Visit site
Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to rent a small yard - say 3-6 boxes, running water and electricity and enough grazing to support the number of boxes? Doesn't need to be smart or have a school, just functional. In the North of England, so no silly Home Counties prices please!

mrussell

Visit site
No idea about your neck of the woods but if you fancy coming Suffolk way you can have a self contained yard with staff accomodation for £35 a box per week. Includes large outdoor school, small indoor school, horsewalker and hunt jumps/gallops.

Leg_end

Visit site
No idea about your neck of the woods but if you fancy coming Suffolk way you can have a self contained yard with staff accomodation for £35 a box per week. Includes large outdoor school, small indoor school, horsewalker and hunt jumps/gallops.
Sorry - remind me again why I live in the glorious South :( :(

I pay more than that for DIY!

Jane_Lou

Visit site
I know I am "down South" but I rented a little yard a few years back and was paying £350 a month for 5 boxes - only 10x12's but was for ponies/small horses so not a major issue - water, electricity, a decent dry barn and a small storage area. The grazing was ok but did get wet i the winter, so I had to seriously restrict turnout. I did have to fence it (fieldguard) and I laid a woodchip surface down to give me something to ride/lunge on over winter. Hacking was limited as it was on a main road and tbh it was not ideal but cheap and suited my needs for the couple of years I had it. Even after I factored in what I spent on fencing and surface over the 2 years I was there it worked out slightly cheaper than the equivalent would have cost me locally in DIY livery and I was able to manage my horses care and grazing to suit my needs which was perfect for me at the time. I only moved because I sold a couple and got a new job which involved travel meaning I needed some help so I moved back on to assisted DIY.

SamuelWhiskers

Visit site
I let one down in Nottinghamshire, not so long ago, 4 stable, 5 acres ring fenced, running water and electricity, small useable menage, but nothing fancy, a little run down, but basically o.k with a bit of tlc, on a 5 year lease for a rent of £5,000 per annum, so by my maths, about £400 per month = £100 per week so about £25 per week/per horse, but i guess you could easily get another fieldshelter on skids etc!

We had stacks of interest, but they liked the idea of a long lease........

Gamebird

Visit site
All v interesting thank you. Just doing a bit of research, but the figures seem roughly the same from all of the different replies.