Yard wellies that dont slip in the wet

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Anyone recommend a non slip welly boot. Our yard seems to be very slippy, think the very old concrete gets damp and the wellies I have do seem to slip on it. Can anyone suggest a decent welly boot that has a good non slip sole. TIA

ROMANY 1959

Visit site
Best get a rough sole yard boot... or get those non slip elastic things you put on shoes or boots in the ice.. they should help with grip.. wellies tend to be all rubber sole and can be slipppy in wet

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Tempted by Chameaus tbh but they are pricey, I suppose you do get what you pay for but those of you who wear them, do you think they were a good buy?

meleeka

Visit site
I love my muck boots in the mud. The ones I have are called Chore. Their thinner sole ones are actually dangerous they are so slippery, but the chunky ones are excellent, and keep my feet warm too.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Meleeka, I think that might be the problem, I bought a pair of muck boots in their sale last year, think they are Arctic Adventure ones. They do keep my feet warm but hell, they are so slippy in the wet. Just had a quick look on their site and you can see a real difference in the sole thickness, I need to go for something much chunkier

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
Meleeka, I think that might be the problem, I bought a pair of muck boots in their sale last year, think they are Arctic Adventure ones. They do keep my feet warm but hell, they are so slippy in the wet. Just had a quick look on their site and you can see a real difference in the sole thickness, I need to go for something much chunkier

I swore I would never wear muck boots again after spending too much time on my arse one winter! but I have the Chores now and they are pretty grippy even on wet/cowpatted concrete-heavy boots though.

Steerpike

Visit site
I finally succumbed this year to buying a pair of chameau, I must admit they have been great definitely worth the money, I used to buy just cheap countrywide ones.

Nasicus

Visit site
Have you given the concrete a good scrub down/power wash? I find the older, smoother concrete gets really slippy as it builds up a very thin layer of slime type crud over time in wet/damp weather. Tends to be outside the stable doors for me, I know it's due a proper scrub down when either the horses of I start sliding into the stables haha

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Nasicus, yes we have, YO bought some cleaning stuff and we gave it a proper scrub and clean a couple of weeks ago. It is a very old ex farmyard and the worst bits are on a bit of a slope where the cattle used to be coralled, to make it worse they have gulleys in them! We keep it as clean as we can but I definitely think better footwear would help

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
The Dunlop purofort food ones are src classified for slip resistance. They might only come in bright blue though!
I find my normal ones ok even on my old very sloppy decking

Edit to add actually most of them are certified I think ;)

Widgeon

Visit site
I have a pair of Aigles that do a good job - the neoprene lined ones are toasty warm too, well worth the money as a sale purchase (IMHO).

Fransurrey

Visit site
I bought Aigle Parcours and they're food in the wet. I used to have Muck boot mudbusters, but they were so lethal I couldn't even walk outside my house.

View

Visit site
Have to say I’m not impressed with mine. They are grippy, but I do find they seem to get really damp inside. Wouldn’t buy another pair.

Mine (Grubbs Frostline) are warm, yes, but I've never found them damp on the inside. However, what works for one doesn't work for the next person.