Yards in Harrogate/York area?

Foxford

Visit site
My youngster has been turned away for the winter, and I'd quite like to move him nearer to my workplace so I can get him in work again when the spring comes. I know there are a few places nearby, which I will go and look at as soon as the weather breaks. I've not been here long and so am getting to know the area. I'd be willing to look towards York way, as I can pass through the West side on my way into work.

I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations of yards, or maybe know of some smaller ones which I haven't spotted yet! I think the most important thing is probably a yard where a few people hack out, as once he is rebacked, I'll be looking to get him out of the school. Looking for DIY or maybe part, and horse is a 16.1hh easy going gelding. Thank you!
smile.gif

poodle20

Visit site
Hi, there is a yard in Birstwith, nr Harrogate that offers all types of livery, think it has very good facilities. Think it is just called 'Birstwith Livery Stables' not sure, but should be easy enough to find. Hope that helps.

ladyt25

Visit site
As poodle says there's Birstwith that has a large indoor school and in general good facilities. There's also Beavers Horse Shop in Beckwithshaw (can't remember the name of the livery/farm though) where there also do livery and have a xc course and outdoor school. There's Crowtrees I've heard of but don't know where that is exactly. Sicklinghall has Sicklinghall Park Stables and also a riding stables which may do livery

Other than that there's the Yorkshire Riding Centre at Markington, Harrogate which again has good facilities.

Hmm, sure there must be tonnes more but I can't think of any others at the mo!

Foxford

Visit site
Thanks guys this is helpful, even if just to remind myself where they all are!!
I've passed Beavers a few times so I will pop in and have a look at their noticeboard.