Yards in south wales (Bridgend area)

Sophiehorton

New User
Visit site
Hi, does anyone know of any yards in the bridgend area/surrounding area that has some smaller paddocks that horses with injuries can go out into for long periods of time. My horse has a leg injury and needs to go out on field rest for around a year but is too excitable to go out in a normal sized herd, TIA.

Carrottom

Visit site
Bethan lloyd runs a rehabilitation centre near Cowbridge, she is a lovely person so might be worth speaking to. I think it's called Vale Equine.

HelenBack

Visit site
Bethan's would definitely be an option. Another one that could be suitable is Lidelle Lewis's yard - Ty Wyth Newydd stables which is a few minutes off junction 34 of the motorway. Lidelle has small rehab paddocks and is really into rehab herself so might well be interested in helping you when it's time to bring your horse back into work.

Other than that are you in the Livery Yards Are Us Wales group in Facebook? I can't think of anywhere else off the top of my head and lots of the yard closer to Bridgend do just tend to have the bigger herds but if you post in there somebody might come forward with some suggestions.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Can totally recommend Lidelle Lewis. I’ve known her for many, many years. Her care is second to none.