Yards in the Gower, Wales

lisab

Visit site
Hello. This is not related to competing or training but the forum has changed a lot since I last came on in October. I posted this on the Wales thread but I thought there may be some folk in here that used to live in Wales that may be able to help:-

I'm moving to Swansea in the near future and am bringing my horse with me. Does anyone know of DIY yards or farms in the Gower area that have traditional outdoor type stables please? My 16.1 BWB SJ gelding has had COPD/RAO for 8 years and needs to be able to get his head over the door in the fresh air. He can't be stabled in an indoor block, which seems to be the most common sort of stabling available where I currently live in Coventry. Ideally I'd like decent facilities but the right stabling is vital and cost is a factor too. I'm looking for DIY or assisted DIY if possible.

Any ideas please?

ellie_e

Visit site
Have you looked at Pilton Moor? Great for hacking, have both outdoor and indoor stables and a menage. Our riding club go there once a year for the weekend and its in a lovely location, nice yard.

BillyBob-Sleigh

Visit site
there's Tankey Lake but i think their stables are indoors....although there maybe some outdoor stables too? Lovely yard with amazing hacking.

Also Shelly Harries was advertising for livery paces and she's based in Kidwelly