Yards in Widnes Area

Buzzad

Visit site
Hi Everyone,
I've been thinking for a while about moving my horse, I live in Widnes and he's currently stabled over in Runcorn, which was great when I worked over there but now I've changed my job it's fast becoming impractical to get over to him twice a day.
Long story short I'd really like to move him over to Widnes, but after one disastrous attempt last year in which I went to a yard which seemed fine initially, but turned out to be less than advertised - too many horses for the space available, the turnout which I had specifically checked was daily, was sparodic, people 'borrowing' bits of my kit etc. I ended up returning to my old yard which is where I am now, I love this yard, the horses, people and owners are great, but it's a 22 mile round trip from my house to the farm, going over 'The Bridge' which 9times out of 10 is backed up with traffic.
Basically, could anybody give me any help finding a nice yard in the Widnes/Tarbock/Warrington/Bold Heath area? I'm looking for DIY livery, only real requirement is all year turnout.
This was a longer post than I'd intended... thanks for getting to the end!!

dollface

Visit site
Willow Park, Bold Heath. There is a small yard in Penketh, on the main road. I know the lady that owns it but dont knwo the name of the yard sorry. Im in Runcorn but horse in Northwich.

BeckyMason97

Visit site
If you only need one stable there is one available on the yard I'm on in Warrington. I can pass your phone number to the yard owner if you want?

Buzzad

Visit site
Thanks for your replies guys, I was really drawing a blank trying to find places near Widnes!

BeckyMason97 - Where abouts in Warrington is your yard? What facilities do you have? I'll PM you my number for you to pass across to your YM, thanks :D xx

Buzzad

Visit site
I've just checked it out on google maps and I think that'll be just a bit too far for me actually. Gutted! I do really appreciate your help though xx