Yards nr Portishead, Bristol

sallyellis

Visit site
Hiya we may be looking to move close to Portishead, I am from Bristol but dont know that area, can anybody recommend any yards around Portishead please? I am willing just to rent a field if anybody knows of one too..

Emma123

Visit site
I'm not actually a livery so not sure on that side of things but rode a horse their last year.

It's got a outdoor school with a good surface (I think its 20 x 40 but might be slightly bigger) it has a few jumps you can move in/out the school.

They have XC jumps all over and good hacking as there are a lot of fields they own, but also quite lanes accessed from the back of their land. Good turn out. At the top there is a flat field where there is a course of show jumps.

Person who's horse I rode was part livery £90 a week (Mon-Fri mucked out etc) so quite expensive. Not sure about DIY options.

Hope that helps
smile.gif

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
PM Spottedcat as she has her horse at Failand at a very nice yard where they do DIY.

tickety_boo

Visit site

There are two livery yards up the hill at Portbury. If you go over the motorway bridge, turn right into Portbury, follow the road round to the left and at the start of the hill on the left is a livery yard then carry on and there's another at the top of the hill on the left. I don't know wither of them but drive past them regularly, they are only about 10 minutes from Portishead.

SpottedCat

Visit site
Warren Farm don't do DIY - it's part only and spaces only come up occasionally as they have limited numbers there. Last time I enquired it was around the £375 a month mark, which included feed/haylage (IIRC) but you had to use the brands they bought in feed-wise. It looked super, level of care looked excellent and if I'd been in a position to take up part livery rather than DIY I'd have moved there.

Along the same road is Portbury Stud, which has no real facilities but will tailor make you a package, and Racecourse Farm which has good facilities but I wasn't happy about crossing that main road to some of the turnout.

Then there are 2 DIY places in Failand up near the golf course, one has no facilities at all, the other appeared to be populated entirely by teenagers (fine, if you are one I suppose, not for me!).

The place I am is great, but no spaces at the moment.

There must be places closer to Portishead though, surely? Does Clevedon Riding Centre do livery?