Yards surrey m25 j10/11 area

queenb

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any hidden gems when it comes to yards in the weybridge/chertsey/chobham area ? Just about to start looking for an assisted DIY/part livery yard. Looking for a friendly yard, school, turnout ( don't mind if it's slightly limited in the winter ). If anyone could help with contact names/numbers that would be great

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Do you want/need hacking, (direct access or via some road work?) small yard, big yard, comp centre nearby or anything else?
There are quite a number, but not all have what you might want/need.
Worth checking notice boards at Rokers, the book at Frosburys, windows at Chobham Rider and Buttons for starters.
Lots in the Chobham area, but depends on your needs :)

wingedhorse99

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any hidden gems when it comes to yards in the weybridge/chertsey/chobham area ? Just about to start looking for an assisted DIY/part livery yard. Looking for a friendly yard, school, turnout ( don't mind if it's slightly limited in the winter ). If anyone could help with contact names/numbers that would be great

I'd post same question on the various FB groups, eg. surrey livery, and surrey horse and pony.

Do you need hacking?

TheSaddleLady

Visit site
A space at Angel Farm Club just outside M25 in Lyne/Chertsey has just come available for beginning of July.
34 acres, DIY/Part/Full Livery, 70x40m all weather school, cross country track on the land and hacking on Chobham common and permit for Windsor Great Park. Also small shows every now and again.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/123040607166/
http://www.angelfarmclub.co.uk/

I am super picky and really liked the facilities and people. My PRE is arriving there end of July.

Shay

Visit site
You have probably hundreds of yards to choose from in that area. There are 8 in the Claygate area alone - and that is a space of about 3 or 4 square miles!

Your problem (other than narrowing it down) is going to be

a) finding the hidden gems because they don't advertise and
b) getting space!

Perhaps try to narrow your search a little geographically or add some bits from the wish list?

TheSaddleLady

Visit site
Your problem (other than narrowing it down) is going to be

a) finding the hidden gems because they don't advertise and
b) getting space!

Good points!
I forgot to mention I had to go on a waiting list (since beginning of May for end of July) and that was only down to luck!

queenb

Visit site
Hi
Thanks for the replies.
I don't mind doing a bit of road work - where we are at the moment has no off road hacking so we are used to roads.
Floodlit school is a must. Would pref a smaller sized yard max 15 ish stables. Not worried if it is not near to competitions as I do more eventing than anything else so used to a long lorry drive !!! The yard must be friendly no cliques.
I live in Addlestone and work in west Byfleet so as close as possible would be a bonus. Yard needs to have no restrictions for access times as I work some odd shifts. I have my own instructor, farrier and Physio so the yard must allow this 😊

Spudmuffin

New User
Visit site

is sunbury too far? if not try sunbury liveries (they are on facebook) super friendly yard, floodlit school, all year turnout, nice sized stables, can ride through the fields and river in summer, they offer diy/assisted diy/part :) i can message their number if your interested

Archangel

Visit site
I don't know anything about them but there is Silvermere at the end of Redhill Road. They have a school and hacking over Wisley Common. They have a facebook page and by the look of things a nice canter track.

wingedhorse99

Visit site
A space at Angel Farm Club just outside M25 in Lyne/Chertsey has just come available for beginning of July.
34 acres, DIY/Part/Full Livery, 70x40m all weather school, cross country track on the land and hacking on Chobham common and permit for Windsor Great Park. Also small shows every now and again.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/123040607166/
http://www.angelfarmclub.co.uk/

I am super picky and really liked the facilities and people. My PRE is arriving there end of July.

I am no longer near there. But this was set up about the time I left the area. But I did buy a massive amount of old electric tape there second hand, when they put in post and rail there. It looks like a truly lovely set up and place. And were very friendly. The fencing lasted me years, and I have moved again from where I used it, but it is still all over the fields as other have taken it over!!!