Yay, he did it!

MrsElle

Visit site
OH sat on a horse for the second time in his life today (first time was a pony ride on holiday!).

He rode Ellie and we went on a plod through the village and round a bridlepath. We were out perhaps 40 minutes and he really enjoyed it - he is already talking riding boots and jodhpurs!

I rode behind him and kept shouting 'heels down, elbows in, toes in to him, and he did really well.

Next time I will get him in the paddock on the lunge and we will attempt rising trot!

I'm really pleased as I now have a riding companion
laugh.gif

Chico Mio

Antedeluvian
Visit site
Oh well done! It's really nice when they actually enjoy it. Don't scare him off too much with threats of schooling...we know we just want them to be safe and to 'do it right' but it was nearly the end for my OH!

WeeBrown

Visit site
My thoughts too.....good job you have two horses or you might end up walking!
smile.gif
It's great having a OH that loves being around the horses too, so glad really that I converted mine
smile.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Lol, read this out to hubby - he has sat on the Dizz, and says he'll never ever ride a horse - but he did say he'd never ever sit on a horse, so it's a start
wink.gif
. At least this way I get to do all the playing and he does all the rest
wink.gif
. I'd like him to ride, but he says he'd much rather be on his bike
cool.gif

diggerbez

Visit site
oh brilliant...i'd love my OH to ride but he just won't entertain the idea! but please please don't let him wear jodhpurs....the thought of men wearing jodpurs is a little cringeworthy! he he
grin.gif
grin.gif