Yeah Thanks Tart!!!!

happyhack

Visit site
I was out riding a friends mare last night, a 16.2hh grey ID thats a little nervous in traffic, and was just returning to the yard when a white van came towards us, nothing out of the ordinary there. It had two rattling ladders on the top-very scary!! I pulled into a passing place whilst trying to calm the mare down. The van continued at the same speed (above th limit of 30 in the village) and as he approached i could see he was on his mobile. he wound down his window and instead of the polite and grateful thank you i was expecting, he said "yeah, thanks-tart!!!" I just stood there open mouthed in shock!! I have been riding the same route for the past 4 years and have never ever come across such rudeness!! I just wish i had taken the company name down!!

Has anyone else come across anyone like this!!

riotgirl

Visit site
How rude! What an ar$e. Dread to think what he would have said if you hadn't pulled into the passing place
mad.gif

miamibear

Visit site
Unbelievable!! really!!

Havent come across anything like this before but i do find its the farmer types in their cars that dont slow, although they always slow in their tractors!

Never mind.

horsegirl

Visit site
Well I was riding my extremely spooky TB around some quiet roads and even non horsey people should have been able to see he was very jumpy but still a load of people got into their car and waited (prob not deliberate) until I was alongside before starting their engine - we had a good jump and a charge off down the road at that.

I Can understand why some drivers do get annoyed with riders, I was driving behind a girl on a chestnut near where I work in Chessington and we both stopped at some temporary traffic lights. Her horse was a bit jumpy and when the lights changed she waived me passed, I went round wide and slow and she impatiently started gesturing for me to go quicker and waving her arms because I was trying to be considerate. No thank you from her at all just impatience. If I were not a horse person I would probably think twice about slowing for a rider!

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
'Most men see women in jods as sexy'
haha you havent seen me in mine then?
laugh.gif

there is no need for sarcy comment or rudeness but hey I suppose the guy thought he was being funny - NOT.
take it with a pinch of salt, with our lack of bridlepaths it is unavoidable to ride on the roads unfortunately. I was studying ours last night and only 2% of all the walk ways were for horses and most had to incure road work to meet the next, whereas walkers were able to just cross the road to meet up with theirs, just doesn't figure. very frustrating and unfair to horseriders.
rant over
Best regards
Dawn

kick_On

Visit site
i get this sort of things happening to me all the time, and i always thank people.
Worst for me was riding through a small rural town and a ar*e of person pass me very close knocked my stirrup, so i shouted at him. He stopped and started f-ing ang b-ing at me at this point i rode up to him and he was such a chicken he ran away
grin.gif
grin.gif
cos i said i was to phone the police. But i did make my horse jump around and he was a small bloke next to a leaping 16h1 gg
grin.gif
grin.gif

The world is full of them

happyhack

Visit site
Tell me about it!! the reason the mare is so nervous in traffic is because she has been hit by a car TWICE!!!! Its a wonder she goes on the roads at all. I was involved in one of the accidents-she managed to leave an ID bum shaped print on the drivers door and swipe the wing mirror off (oncoming BMW accelerating-she swung her quarters out) and the time before, her owner was riding her and she sat on the bonnet!! she's such an angel though, and loves to be ridden so i think thats why she hasnt let it affect her too much. Bless her.

Accy

Visit site
Worse experience than that im afraid, but i was naughty and got my own back...

Cant stand rudeness though, and that was disgusting shame you didnt get the logo#

_OC_

Visit site
Round my way old people like to drive straight at you,how they can not view half a ton of horse on the road is quite worrying!!!!A few years ago when I had my TB cross mare who was fantastic on the road and out with a friend on a hack - on route home we had to go down a narrow lane a local company van pulled up to let us through with man in white transit van behind,Now behind me was old couple in a rover who then cut in front of me as I was passing the van parked waiting for me.The man in 2nd van was absolutely flabbergasted that they had done this to me and as they passed me the women passage(who was in her 70's )did a regal wave to me then promptly stuck up two fingers, by now I'm spitting I was tempted to hit the top of the car with my whip I was so lucky that my mare was so good in traffic-so was the man in white van, because if she had swung her quarters she would have damaged herself and the car!!! So now I am wary of old people in cars and not all white van drivers are the same!!! This I give to you in memory of my beloved mare will never be one like her still hurts 16 months on.............Regards Me & My Cob

Accy

Visit site
Had a bunch of kids in done up cars shout loads of abuse as i rode by them on a country lane, really upset my boy and to be honest what they were shouting was rather rude and abusive, well cut long story short a couple of weeks later i was driving home in my old car a rather sporty rare model that i knew was the sort of car they like as one had the model below, i happened upon one of the driving the same way so followed keeping the car the whole was in one gear lower the wole time so it was very loud as had stainless sport exhaust, waited for him to pull up with his mates, got out and asked them what they thought of the car, got all the normal its so nice bull how long you had it bull etc, waited then let rip asked them how they could be so nice and chatty when im on there terriorty then pointed out who i was and next time they might like to keep the bloody mouths shut as cars have keys and horses dont !

Sounds not so good when you write it down but being there was fantastic i wish i could have taken a picture of their faces, evert time ive ridden past since they have been really nice and polite even turned down the stereos

LouLou1

community.webshots.com
Last summer me and my friend were out on a hack and a car drove past with a few lads in, a few minutes later they come back the other way stuck thier heads out of the car and squirted us and the horses with water pistols laughed then revved off.
Luckily our horses just did a few strides of canter then calmed down, but I couldn't believe the stupidity of them. Some people on the roads drive me crazy they have no common sense.

eohippus

equi-librium.mysite.orange.co.uk
haha good for you accy. Pity more of us do not get the chance to catch up with the tw*ts that have no brains.
Wow water pistols, that is soooooo bad, never had that before.
If someone is abusive I just smile politely and say 'thank you for your manners it ensures that your type are easily identified'
regards
Dawn

kildalton

Visit site
I was brought up in Hemel Hempstead. I used to keep my pony at Westwick Farm. Even then, 40years ago, one of my friend's ponies got hit by a van, luckily nobody was hurt. Where are you ? My Mum lives by Longdean school.

KJJ

Visit site
OMG!! How rude..

I bet you were mid smile and ended up gapping mouth through the cheek of the man... hopefully you'll see him again and you can take his details then!!
mad.gif

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
yep-smiling for him saying thank u and then, my lower jaw hit the top of my saddle!!

[/ QUOTE ]LMAO!! I can picture it now!! I would have done exactly the same!!!

Accy

Visit site
I would like to get each and everyone of the inconsiderate and stupid drivers and make them take some riding lessons before being taken out on the roads see how they feel !!!

Although thats prob cruel and the poor animal they would ride