Yearling Paint horse

brookekryan07

New User
Visit site
Hi my yearling is a chestnut I don’t know if she’s gonna get any pattern. she’s actually got a lot more whites on patches on her coat it only just started to happen. Has anyone got a foal who was a chestnut and get a pattern and what kind of pattern her dam was a bay and her sire is a black and white tabino would love to see your foals change colours!

TheMule

Visit site
Hi my yearling is a chestnut I don’t know if she’s gonna get any pattern. she’s actually got a lot more whites on patches on her coat it only just started to happen. Has anyone got a foal who was a chestnut and get a pattern and what kind of pattern her dam was a bay and her sire is a black and white tabino would love to see your foals change colours!

You got lots of good responses with pictures and an explanation of Sabino last time you posted- I'm not sure there's much more to add unless you put a photo up and we can confirm what it looks most likely to be?

brookekryan07

New User
Visit site
You got lots of good responses with pictures and an explanation of Sabino last time you posted- I'm not sure there's much more to add unless you put a photo up and we can confirm what it looks most likely to be?
Hey yeah I’ve tried putting pics up but they didn’t go through I wanted to describe it a bit more haha

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The OP has started two previous threads about this. Look at the photo on this one of the OP's horse. Although the head is at an unhelpful angle, there doesn't appear to be any signs of greying out (eg grey goggles) in the photo.

https://forums.horseandhound.co.uk/threads/chestnut-foal-turning-roan.810561/#post-14733686

4590f04b-0d6a-4c92-ac00-2c4727e37e16-jpeg.80313

I don't understand why the OP is unhappy with the previous answers? The yearling looks like a chestnut with 'sabino type' white flecks. Not a grey and not a true 'dark headed' roan.

ETA - also neither parent is grey or roan, so they can't pass those genes on to their offspring.

Last edited: