yes another bit post !!

davejoiner

Visit site
Simply HELP ! v. strong irish draft who showjumps hes in a grackle noseband. Hes just come home from a week with a dressage rider for brushing up on ground work she schooled him in a waterford snaffle or his cherry roller snaffle but if poles were in the arena he pulled like a train! He simply lives to jump. Teeth, back and a new saddle so everything ok. He always leans more for reasurance but is so stong hes disslocated my shoulder a few times while jumping !
the following bits for jumping are no good !
rubber pelham
3 ring gag ( single joint)
Hanging cheek french link
hackmore
single joint pelham
Happy mouth dutch gag
any form of snaffle !!

was looking at the ns jumper? PLEASE any ideas

zoon

Visit site
cherry roller balding gag - my fav bit for when my lad wants to pull like a train

davejoiner

Visit site
Only problem is that he has quite a high head carriage ! he might end up in my face lol. His head comes up as he gets stronger.

JessPickle

Visit site
NS universal highly reccommend it
smile.gif

davejoiner

Visit site
did you try a dutch gag before the NS universal ? as they look very similar . Oh must add that he doesn't like the dutch gag on the bottom ring. middle ring only.

hellybelly6

Visit site
Dutch gags are meant to be used with 2 reins esp when using the bottom ring.

I do not understand if he leans on you, how he can have a high head carriage at the same time?

For leaners I recommend a french link jointed gag or a waterford mouthpiece and for a high head carriage, consider a curb bit. My favourite bit of all is the NS Universal trans-lozenge. Give that a try too.