Yes I know they are coloured (again)....

S_N

Visit site
... but what do people think of these stallions?

This chap is 3yrs old, 16hh atm and has impressive bloodlines
4716.jpg

This chap is homozygous for colour and is by the infamous Samber, he is another youngster, to mature to 16,2hh
4547.jpg

This chap only carries English lines, is 17hh and has been very successful showing
4768.jpg

Tia

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
has impressive bloodlines

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that impressive bloodlines or Impressive bloodlines?

Tia

Visit site
Phew!!
smile.gif

Personally I don't like the first one (although in a better picture he may well be my favourite).
The second one is majority white - another thing I don't like, although I do like his frame.
The third one looks the nicest to me, but agree with the elongated head in one of the piccies.

Better piccies could completely change my opinions though LOL!!

S_N

Visit site
Yes, the majority of white does concern me on the 2nd one, but that may not be passed on........ TBH, from that picture, I wouldn't have looked twice at him if he wasn't homozygous.

I'm contacting all three for more details though - hopefully get better pics too. The first one is for sale - £10,000 for him
grin.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I started something today didn't I?!
laugh.gif

I like the first though would like to check out his hind movement before committing myself; didn't like the second, think if he had been a solid colour you wouldn't have even looked at him although will be interested to see when he matures, but also far too much white for me!; third I liked a lot, looks a proper horse but I hope the pic on the right had been tampered with else you and Uncle Tom Cobley an' all will be able to fit on!
smirk.gif

Have you looked at Northern Inspiration (I think!), he stands in Bedford and is now having a dressage career; think he's out of a Better BY Far mare can't think what he's by though atm.

S_N

Visit site
this chap Pat
5227.jpg

He's by Lostock Blue, by Better By Far, out of a mare by Highlodge, by the 2000 Guinneas winner High Top (who incidentally is the sire of a stallion I used to work with called Miners Lamp - Miner has been a successfull showing, event horse sire....)

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
That's him!

I know Nicky who owns him very well and he's a smashing horse to have about the place; in fact thinking about it, he wouldn't be a bad match for Dotty!

And I knew Better By Far was in there somewhere!

S_N

Visit site
This chap is homozygous too - only 3yo, though poss. only 2yo in the picture. He is beautifully bred- but expensive at £550!!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

4681.jpg

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Thought of another one for you too, Stormhill Mink. He was around here until a couple of years ago and has left some nice stock on the ground even from plain mares - which B isn't!
grin.gif

Like that last one but it's getting confusing now, all these different coloureds!

Horsenut, what's wrong with an Irish head, they're usually very noble and kind - but that's my opinion only, don't take it as gospel!!

lisaward

Visit site
i like noble and kind but do you think that an eventer would get away with a irish head ??
i thought people may take what i was trying to say the wrong way,gosh i find it hard sometimes to put across in words what i mean on here,it's not like saying things

i do like him
do you think crossed with a ish northern inspiration would have enough quality to event??

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
i like noble and kind but do you think that an eventer would get away with a irish head ??

[/ QUOTE ]

You've confused me there totally
blush.gif
Why would an "Irish" head be detrimental to an eventers career?

dieseldog

Visit site
Are you trying to bred an eventer? Depends what level you are going for but 1 and 3 look too heavy, just could be the photo, you might get a nice safe PN horse out of them - which is probably worth more than a scatty Intermediate. You got to ignore the colour as your mare is solid and think if you would want a solid coloured foal by these stallions.

Bossanova

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to bred an eventer? Depends what level you are going for but 1 and 3 look too heavy, just could be the photo, you might get a nice safe PN horse out of them - which is probably worth more than a scatty Intermediate. You got to ignore the colour as your mare is solid and think if you would want a solid coloured foal by these stallions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couldnty agree more- no point trying to breed an eventer with colour. The only 2 coloured eventing stallions I'd consider are Greenbank Harlequin and Uptons Deli Circus