Yes I know they are coloured (again)....

MillionDollar

Visit site
I like the 2nd the best, but not sure about all the white, but as you say it might not pass on.

Have you considered-
Goshka Ringo

or
Goshka Festivo

I have 2 mares in-foal to Ringo, they are a brilliant stud to deal with, lovely people. However, they have moved to France now so you'd have to get the AI done yourself. Hope this helps.
smile.gif

eventrider23

Visit site
Agree with Boss on all but one thing. I like both stallions she has reccomended but have heard some worrying things about Greenbank Harlequin as I live not too far away and know a few people that have had dealings with him. He only does AI now due to the fact that he became very aggressive with his mares (apparantly) and it turned out that quite a few of the stallions in his direct line had to be gelded due to not so nice temperaments. Don't get me wrong, I think he is gorgeous stallion BUT from a breeding point of view I would be very wary of throwing that temprament problem.
My boys sire is a young coloured stallion called Alderfarn II. He is part bred trakhener and I have to say I could not be more pleased with those I have seen by him. I know I am biased but my boy is exquisite. He's been out winning in-hand this year and only did not go to championships as I didn't have the funds. His stud fee is still quite low at £250NFFR as well as he is still proving himself but he comes from a great line as he is by the coloured stallion Elvis, who was a brother to Geppard.
Here's the link to his site:
http://www.equineservices.co.uk/
This year he has thrown 1 plain foal only, the rest have been coloured, including a full sister to my boy who's dam is a plain bay mare.

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to bred an eventer? Depends what level you are going for but 1 and 3 look too heavy, just could be the photo, you might get a nice safe PN horse out of them - which is probably worth more than a scatty Intermediate. You got to ignore the colour as your mare is solid and think if you would want a solid coloured foal by these stallions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - i realise all of that. I don't want to breed an eventer!!

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
tbh SN..... why not try looking into proven stallions?

These babies have had no chance to prove themselves or their offspring!

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH D_M you have NO idea whar stallions I have been looking at! ATM I am throwing ideas around!! And I think I am aware of the above point
tongue.gif

S_N

Visit site
I really wanted to use Ringo next year, but I won't now that they have moved to France! If I'm going to import semen, then it will be from something very much proven and worth my while, like Samber, Indoctro, Hohenstein, Burgraaf etc.....

S_N

Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I like Aldefarn - I went to see him the spring before last - I just don't think he would compliment my mare that well......

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
1st nice...back end needs checking out though..
2nd..no, no, no......
3rd...i like....big full up chap...but piccie makes him look like a "family horse" as in "you'd get the whole family on him"!!! LOL!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LMAO - yes - Pat said about me + Uncle Tom Cobbley and co
grin.gif
grin.gif
Me thinketh the pics are somewhat distorted! He's actually out of mare by Zhivago, that big coloured I was considering earlier this year that's up near Minehead......

siennamum

Visit site
I am sure we've discussed him before, but Lostock Huntsman had a youngster which went champion (or something) at the Chaps show this year.
I am reconsidering him for S, no desire to have a coloured, but he is a wonderful stallion.
Not homozygous, but throws fairly high percentage of coloured babies, amazing temperament, decent movement & great conformation. Would throw a very high class allrounder.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]

do you think crossed with a ish northern inspiration would have enough quality to event??

[/ QUOTE ]

Meant to reply to this earlier, sorry!

I think if you were looking to breed an eventer of national/international quality, then no, he wouldn't be suitable; you would need more of a blood horse for that or at the very least have a full TB mare with her own ability to send to him to be in with a chance at all; but if you are looking to breed a decent quality all rounder, then I think he could be an ideal choice as apart from his own ability, he has a temperment second to none, thinks nothing of acting as nanny to a lead rein pony, or he did, think the daughters out of lead rein now!

dieseldog

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Are you trying to bred an eventer? Depends what level you are going for but 1 and 3 look too heavy, just could be the photo, you might get a nice safe PN horse out of them - which is probably worth more than a scatty Intermediate. You got to ignore the colour as your mare is solid and think if you would want a solid coloured foal by these stallions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks - i realise all of that. I don't want to breed an eventer!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I read the post as you wanting an eventer - what sort of horse are you hoping to get?

S_N

Visit site
S'ok - B is a WB bred to SJ. She carries Olymic Ahorn, Nimmerdor, Erdball and Atlantus in her pedigree. I'd like to breed something a bit more substantial and powerful than the typical eventer.....

S_N

Visit site
LOL Pat - though tbh, Yorks is a bloody long way from here!! If I do decide on theat plan, then we'll be overnighting with you anyway I think - I don't think they do AI! You didn't know that did you - about me inviting me and my hoss to stay
grin.gif
grin.gif

debbielinder

Visit site
not a fan of coloureds but they are lovely my aunties got a bay gelding whos grandsire is samber hes got a fab temperament and stunning movement. he was cheap tho as hes not coloured! they were trying to breed a coloured filly and got a bay colt. but his temprament is great you couldnt ask for a nicer horse

Doreys_Mum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tbh SN..... why not try looking into proven stallions?

These babies have had no chance to prove themselves or their offspring!

[/ QUOTE ]

TBH D_M you have NO idea whar stallions I have been looking at! ATM I am throwing ideas around!! And I think I am aware of the above point
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry.... but you did ask for an opinion
wink.gif

They're nice lads, but I wouldn't use them.... are you looking at their lines then?