Yet another horse killed on road

jacks_mum

Visit site
"Coun David Potts, from the Cleadon ward, said: "This is quite a busy road, and we can only be grateful this young woman was not seriously hurt."

yes me too but what about Benson? Does the life of a horse not count?

Joules

Visit site
awww thats awful news!! 3 hours?? Just hope the poor thing wernt suffering!!
frown.gif

harrihjc

Visit site
thats awful, there are so many accidents, and unfortunately motorists often have no idea about how to react to horses on the roads

evsj

Visit site
Poor, poor horse but glad the rider was (physically) ok.

All the country roads round our yard are rat-runs now and last week my normally traffic-proof horse was frightened by a motorcyclist speeding towards us at 60 mph (no effort to slow down). Its much more dangerous on country roads than it was 10 years ago.

And why, oh why can't they show road safety (including horses) adverts at peak times??? Can we get our local MPs to do anything?

mrgoop

Visit site
How many more times do we need to see atricles like this before something positive is done.
So very sad.
RIP BENSON
Hugs to that poor girl
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
poor horse and poor girl who has to now live with that memory, so sad, some drivers are beyond and should not be allowed to drive full stop because their attitudes stink, not true of all drivers but some are an absolute joke the way they drive

ann-jen

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Coun David Potts, from the Cleadon ward, said: "This is quite a busy road, and we can only be grateful this young woman was not seriously hurt."
yes me too but what about Benson? Does the life of a horse not count?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm afraid it was just the same when my horse was killed on the road.
I was hacking up a hill and the sun was quite low and a woman just drove straight into the back of me. I was also unhurt but my beautiful mare had to be destroyed due to her injuries.
The woman said the sun was in her eyes and she didn't see me! In my opinion she was also speeding - whilst blinded by sun - surely this would make you go slower ? While I appreciate it was an accident she was still driving dangerously and I think if it had been a cyclist or a pedestrian there would have been a human fatality and then I think the whole situation would have been handled quite differently - but she would still have been driving in an equally irresponsible way.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif