yet another livery question. what would you expect to pay for...

charlie76

Visit site
Seven day full livery
inclusive of feed, new bedding daily, quality ad lib hay
Daily turn out
field poo picked
horse kept trimmed up
attended to for farrier and vet etc
tack cleaned
daily groom and shampoo
boots, rugs and saddle cloth washed
rubber matting
20 x 60 arena with fab surface
amazing hacking
horse ready to ride when requested and groomed after rider rides
Highly qualified staff
heated tack room with microwave, hot water, washing machine. Kettle
all maintenance kept up together
arena graded daily
smart tidy yard

Not including exercise
in the south.

Next question, what you expect to pay for a bhs senior coach, rides to advanced level on the flat and happy to jump, to ride your horse.
What would you expect to pay to have the horse hacked and lunged?

Many thanks

Leg_end

Visit site
£120-130 pw livery

£25 ph schooling (I think of it as a lesson)
£15 lunge
£20/25 hacking depending on length of time you have to take out of day.

bluebellfreddy

Visit site
Baring in mind the south and knowing the price of other places, £180-210 for livery. £30-35 for good rider and £10-15 for lunge or hack.

Sounds like a good yard, when can I join

mtj

Visit site
I'm in the commuter zone for London, and would expect a yard of that standard to be at least £160 a week.

Would expect £25 for the yo to ride and £15 for staff to lunge/hack.

Slightly off point, whilst I like my horse to live in great facilities etc, I like to do the grooming, tacking up etc myself. Just feel its part of the relationship with my horse.

humblepie

Visit site
I think that to define as full livery that includes riding.

That aside, I think the prices suggested all look right but are interesting when compared to the "pro" prices muted in another thread. I had horse at a yard where he was competition prepared so worked probably 6 days a week but if I wanted to ride he would be tacked up and ready if that was what I wanted everything you mention was included plus occasional lessons from a BHSI plus help whenever needed for less than£200 a week.

MandyMoo

Visit site
I don't live in the south so don't know how much more expensive it is down there....but I'd guess between 120-150 livery, 25 coach and maybe 10-15 for lunging or hacking??

ihatework

Visit site
See for me that isn't full livery, I wouldn't expect all the fancy bits like trimming, washing and tack cleaning to be in a package and then not have riding included.

That said, in answer to your question, I would say £140-150pw, there is always a ceiling if you don't have an indoor.

Exercise wise probs £10 lunge, £15 hack and £25 school

Ali16

Visit site
We offer exactly what you describe but including lunging and/or hacking for £145pw. We are relatively close to you I think?

Any schooling is separately charged as and when they want it. Our liveries that are on this package are generally the ones who have limited time during the week so we keep the horses ticking over on weekdays, they come and ride/have a lesson etc at the weekend. If they are away and they want more than 2 schooling sessions per week we adjust their package to make it as cost effective as possible for them (I.e. do a fixed rate of say, £190pw for example).