Yet another poor ad, the broodmare over there >>>

be positive

Visit site
Not one photo actually showing much of the mare, she may have good conformation and bred a nice foal but where are the photos of her???? POA as well, unless someone is interested in her specific bloodlines then I will be surprised if they get any calls, what a waste of money.

JamOnToast

Visit site
Why are there suddenly so many threads slagging off peoples adverts? How would you feel if someone wrote something like this about one of your adverts? It does nothing to help the seller.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Why are there suddenly so many threads slagging off peoples adverts? How would you feel if someone wrote something like this about one of your adverts? It does nothing to help the seller.

They could look at their photos on the ad and think 'actually there isn't a decent photo of the mare', go and take one and then update their advert. :)

Cowpony

Visit site
Actually I've got more of an issue with the one of the tri-coloured horse. 2 of the 3 photos are copyright. How come that's allowed on adverts when it isn't on the forum?

be positive

Visit site
They could look at their photos on the ad and think 'actually there isn't a decent photo of the mare', go and take one and then update their advert. :)

We are providing a service, albeit unintentionally, if they have a decent photo they may now think to use it, there is no "slagging off" as such just constructive comments usually.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Actually I've got more of an issue with the one of the tri-coloured horse. 2 of the 3 photos are copyright. How come that's allowed on adverts when it isn't on the forum?

No one knows... If you can find the 'tog I'd be tempted to forward them a copy of the advert so they can take action if they need to.

I'm more horrified by that poor PRE who's being consistently ridden with his head BTV.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I am another who feels uncomfortable when people's adverts are criticised, but angry when a copyright photo is used.

I have to say though that the "Superb Belgium Warmblood" adfertiser has been looking at your advice. A side trot photo, a standing up nicely photo, and a lovely head shot. The text says what you need to know, including the horse's weak spot. Plus the price seems reasonable too.

And no, I do not know the horse!

Edited to add, and as for the "Phenomenal Hunter"I was trying to interest my OH in that one, as I think he would look grand over one of our stable doors. (The horse not the OH!!!)

Last edited:

popsdosh

Visit site
I am sorry but most of it is slagging off and it is getting far to common people have paid good money to put them up there and then a few and its usually the same few, either pull the animal or the advert to shreds I think its highly unfair .You seem to justify it as a service(they most likely are not even on here) but it is not its taking the p**s out of somebody else and they have to pay the price! If you dont like the horse or the way its advertised you dont have to buy it or much less comment about it on this forum.Just think how you would feel!

popsdosh

Visit site
If someone puts an advert on a public website, why shouldn't others discuss it? I honestly don't understand why it's an issue.

They pay for the advertising on here its not free ,and frankly I find it childish that some have got nothing better to do than pull ads to pieces when people are trying to sell their horse ,they might not be doing it the way you would but thats their choice this is the 4th or 5th time in under a week .
I have yet to see one of these threads praising the way a horse is advertised.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
PD - I don't think that whether they pay or not (some ads discussed are from free sites) makes any odds. OK, you don't like threads discussing ads, so don't read them. :)

Auslander

Visit site
If I was looking for a broodmare, it would be the breeding that would make me want to view, not the mare itself. Not sure if its the same over here, but in Europe, a lot of broodmares are bought unseen because their bloodlines are of interest to the stud.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
A - I have seen broodmares with world class bloodlines with conformation faults. I certainly wouldn't buy unseen - I'm not that much of a risk taker. ;)

Goldenstar

Visit site
They pay for the advertising on here its not free ,and frankly I find it childish that some have got nothing better to do than pull ads to pieces when people are trying to sell their horse ,they might not be doing it the way you would but thats their choice this is the 4th or 5th time in under a week .
I have yet to see one of these threads praising the way a horse is advertised.

Well I post a few look at the lovely xyz over there >>>> threads.

Frumpoon

Visit site
To be fair to all posters, I advertised a horse here a few years ago.... "Nightmare horse, total git, rears, bucks, bolts...has had me in hospital...etc etc" were approx the words I used

I had such lovely words of encouragement and support from h&h that I kept the old git....here we are 7 years later, doing just fine...couldn't love him more if I'd given birth to him myself....

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
Oh good grief! How's anyone supposed to get anything out of those? Particularly like the one of her (presumably?) rolling. There is one pic of a nice foal, again presumably (?) out of this mare. Looks like a business opportunity: anyone care to put themselves out there as an ad photographer?

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Oh good grief! How's anyone supposed to get anything out of those? Particularly like the one of her (presumably?) rolling. There is one pic of a nice foal, again presumably (?) out of this mare. Looks like a business opportunity: anyone care to put themselves out there as an ad photographer?

There are certainly quite a few advertisers who could benefit from the service! Including the one of the rider 'calling a cab' over the hedge out hunting - why on earth did they choose to put them up as the main pic?

Tern

Visit site
I have to say though that the "Superb Belgium Warmblood" adfertiser has been looking at your advice. A side trot photo, a standing up nicely photo, and a lovely head shot. The text says what you need to know, including the horse's weak spot. Plus the price seems reasonable too.

Not the same horse!