yet another rug post

crabbymare

Visit site
just to let everyone know that I have just delivered the last of my unused (for a long time) stable rugs to their new homes. the turnouts that were not being used were sold last year so I am now down to a civilised amount. there are now only 3 stable and 8 turnouts remaining for emergencies. anyone else want to confess their now ex rug hoarding sins :)

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Never!!!
Our hoarding has paid off as baby horse is using the surplus and having another to rug means we get to buy more :D.
Chicken, star and a new shiny 50g TO might have been bought for my mum's bday...

To be honest it's mum that has the problem, I just have a serious matchy matchy saddle pad and leg wear problem :D.

x x

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
I am in the process of sorting my tack room out and the time has come to tackle the rugs. Everything that is outgrown is going, plus my old TB's rugs that are too big for anything else. I have struggled with the TB's rugs as I couldn't part with them to begin with but I am keeping her leather headcollar and leadrope as mementoes.

Shavings

Visit site
I am not confessing to any thing!

i have 1 horse.. who has more then 1 rug... ok he has more rugs then i have pairs of shoes... OK FINE! He has.. 7 turnouts.. 4 stables.. 3 fleeces and a fly rug!!!!

to be truthful i brought him 18 month ago as a 15'2 5'9/6ft wearing horse.. he is now 16'1 (16'2 if u measure his bum :D ) and wearing 6'3/6'6

so i will have to go through him and sell on the rugs that no longer fit but i buy 90% of mine second hand or from tack sales

3OldPonies

Visit site
By the time my two have finished with their rugs they are not in any sort of fit state to be re-homed! I just whip off any useful pieces and a few biggish bits of the outer fabric to use for patching and repairs when they start trashing their new ones - it never takes H long to get stuck into a few 'alterations'.

atropa

Visit site
No such thing as sinning when it comes to rugs and any kind of matchy matchy! I work hard to afford my horsey and if I want to spend a quarter of my wage every month buying her the latest brightly coloured bit of fabric that's caught my eye, I do it loud and I do it proud! 😂

WelshD

Visit site
I had about sixty between my two ponies but have cut it by about half which is of course still excessive for two small welsh ponies!

The thing that made me think harder about it was being burgled at the yard, so I thought well I will store some at home, but then thought...well If I have them stored why do I need them in the first place!

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site
I have been brave and sorted My old mares rugs out and have sold a few. A little beartbreaking but they are being used rather than gathering dust

Llee94

Visit site
I must admit to being a bit of a rug hoarder. It was fine when I had two horses who where both 6'3" to rug but I have since sold one horse who's new owner didn't want any of his rugs (crazy I know!). Even I admit that I have too many. I'm talking late teens in turnouts, at least 10 stable rugs, a multitude of fleeces and fly rugs all for one horse. I keep telling myself to have a clear out but I can't bear to get rid of any. My youngster is coming up to fitting them but I'm sure he will continue to grow and need even bigger rugs soon. The worst thing is she tends to wear the same few rugs as I forget what I have stashed away in the rug room and hate opening the stored ones as there are always massive spiders lurking in them!

Buckskinspots

Visit site
I'm a self confessed rug hoarder. Counted 19 the other day for 3 horses/ponies. Desperate for some 5'3/5'6 turnouts now as my yearling is growing rather rapidly and the ones I got to last her the winter just aren't going to cut it! 😕