yet more stabbings :(

Fantasy_World

Visit site
My OH came in from work this morning and told me about this. I have looked on the Sentinel website this morning and I am sickened.
This sort of crime is getting worse and worse and firm action needs to be taken against those responsible.
I am both very angry about it and upset.
Another thing is , is that I may know the horse and its owner as I have a friend who has horses in that very area.
I hope and pray it is not one of hers
frown.gif

A horse has been stabbed to death in its North Staffordshire stables.

Owners of 13-year-old Sandy raised the alarm after finding her lying dead in blood-soaked stables in Springwood, Chesterton.

She had been knifed twice in the attack which happened some time between 9.30pm on Friday and 8.30am on Saturday.

The RSPCA has described it as "horrific" and issued an urgent appeal for information.

Police are also investigating. Anyone with information should call police on 08453 302010 or the RSPCA on 0870 5555 999.

starllight

Visit site
God I hope they find whoever has done this. I cannot believe there are such sick people out there. They should be locked up and the key thrown away. Condolences to the owners of Sandy.

seansheep

Visit site
All I can say is the sooner the NIMBYs get over their 'over our dead body will you live at your stables/smallholding in the sacred (cow) countryside' attitude and realise that it is just NOT safe to have animals unattended 24x7 these days the better !!!

Yesterday's paper reported a ** 25% ** increase in rural crime - we all know that already if we've got farms or stables in rural areas.

I feel so sick and sorry when this happens but also very very very angry that the planning system stuffs anyone trying to live on their smallholding or stables

zoesophie

Visit site
OMG thats just shocking!
frown.gif

My horse was in a field with a pony who got its throat slashed last year - thankfully the owners of the pony went to see them during the day (they were normally out during the day and in during the night so no-one used to "check" them while turned out) thank god they found the pony before he bled to death! Pony is now doing well. Informed police but they did nothing
mad.gif

mrussell

Visit site
Absolutely agree!

I think that if you a have kept animals on grazing for over 5 years, you should have the right to live there in mobile accomodation. If you are still there after 10 years, you should be able to build permanently.

Might be worth lobbying parliament...its time we started to do something to protect our animals....

121272MDV

Visit site
omg its arwful thats not far at all from me nearly on my doorstep
blush.gif

will now be paying regular yard visits
frown.gif
how sick and thoughtless these people are
mad.gif
mad.gif

jenbleep

Visit site
this really makes me sick
mad.gif

how can people get off on doing something like this i just dont know.

[****] disgusting whoever did this needs to have their throat slashed themselves
mad.gif
mad.gif

JustKickOn

Visit site
How horrible!!

Whoever did such a thing has something seriously wrong with them!!!
mad.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

Thank god the RS has two rather big dogs who don't like being disturbed at night!!!!

Horseantics

Visit site
Please copy and paste entire this link to go to the Intelligenthorsemanship discussion forum, we have been campaigning for Maggie who was killed not far away from Sandy. Please join us, we need as many people to attend the court when we get a date, we want cameras there and hopefully we will have someone famous backing our campaign for tougher sentences. They killed Maggie for fun, it is sickening. If anyone knows Sandys owners please ask them to read this and contact me. Strength in numbers

http://ihdg.proboards91.com/index.cgi?board=talk2&action=display&thread=1176751107