Yippee...it's torrential!

nrob1982

Visit site
The monsoon season has arrived in Kent this morning and the concrete ground is finally softening up after hours of rain.
I've already got the tack ready and the horse groomed and quitely chimping on hay in his stable so we can head off for a charge around as soon as it clears up a bit. Stroll on Autumn!

Neil

Clodagh

Visit site
Got SOAKED this morning, and young horse was a pain in the ar*e, we went any way but forwards...
smirk.gif

lornaA

Visit site
We've had rain here in scotland for over a week now and its turned cold! I want the sun and heat back for a wee bit longer, granted we did't have it quite as warm as down south and i know the horses are needing the softer ground. I just can't help thinking that we're starting the decent into winter again.

RachelB

Visit site
My windscreen was *slightly* dotted when I drove back from the yard at lunchtime. I was very excited but I haven't ridden yet and I don't want to get soaked! Plus I can't ride tomorrow...! Maybe I should wish for rain all day tomorrow.
Have fun!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
its not fair, we need rain here so badly, the only grass around is brown, the fields look like deserts....! it hasnt rained here since june...it seems to always manage to miss our house
frown.gif

loopeepee

Visit site
We've had rain, but it wasnt enough to soften up the ground. It so dry, the rain runs off and makes the ground slippy rather than soaking in!

Bri

Visit site
It's been threatening it all day here!
It's cold, grey, windy, drizzly and looks as if the heavens will open pretty soon!

Haflinger

Visit site
We had rain a few days ago but nothing to soften the ground
frown.gif
Just hope it dosen't rain tomorrow!

At the moment its sunny but has a strong breeze.

eekmon

Visit site
Can't remember when it rained last ( properly) I love the sun and have spent lots of time on the beach, but even I would love a bit of rain, no grass, cracked dry feet, and flies galore! Bring on the black clouds!!
shocked.gif

spike123

Visit site
i got totally drenched this morning at the yard.I braved it and rode out in it but didn't go too far as neither I nor Spike enjoyed it.I'm hoping its dryer tomorrow than it has been today but have to admit the ground certainly needed it and once the rain wears off the amount we've had should have done the grass some good.

spooks

Visit site
been chucking it down all day here! done 9 barrow loads of poo picking in the rain, great fun! promise of rain all day tomorrow to, got a ODE to go to as well but im going as chief photographer for friends as our ned has lost a front shoe .

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Thanks for leaving some for us!!! It got to us last night!!! Yippee might even get some grass now (the only green stuff in fields at mo are thistles).

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Though it did nothing but rain in Wales !!!!!!!! - Certainly didn't stop on one camping holiday I had as a child in North Wales in July. Tent eventually had about 200 pegs holding it down and we went home 3 days early - haven't been back since.
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Theresa_F

Visit site
Yep Essex has finally got soft ground - Cairo has celebrated by having a canter round the field and kicking his heels up at the little stinker.

Little Stinker is back to his name - is almost all brown rather than skewbald but very happy in his wallow by the gate.

Problem is that nice ground to heavy bog clay is a very close thing.