Yorkshire peeps...anyone off to the R+R sale?

Hippona

Visit site
Haven't been for a few years...it takes that long to recover from it
tongue.gif
.....but my mate is desperate to go and daughter will go anywhere if she gets something pink out of it....so I have cleared the disco's boot in preparation for some bargains.....

......have stocked up on anadin and coffee and am looking for a sharp pointy stick
grin.gif

Anyone else daft enough to go ?

Kenzo

Visit site
Forget anadin and coffee, you'll need a handful of ACP's, some back up sedalin and a big rubber pelham to chew on!
grin.gif

I was going, then changed my mind when I reminded myself what a circus it is every year, friends still trying to get me to go.

All that hustle and bustle, sweaty arm pits being elbowed in your ribs by a load of hormonal women fighting over stuff thats been reduced by couple of pounds and not forgetting that long queue that snakes round the whole of the shop….twice!! no wear to park, unless you camp outside.

I did think about going to York tonight on the booze and then just grabing a taxi back to Hemmingborough, get dropped (well pushed out) of the taxi in the R&R car park in a druken state and break into the chippy next door in the early hours of the morning for my breakfast, I'd be first in the queue before they open the doors!

I'm sure the stench of stale booze and chip fat accompanied by a sick bag is sure to repel everyone away from the bargains.
wink.gif
grin.gif

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Excuse my ignorance but when its it?
tongue.gif

I could do with a new turnout rug, is it worth bothering, or will all the good stuff go early?
laugh.gif

Hippona

Visit site
Welll.....as I say - I haven't been for about 4 years...last time I went there were turnout rugs for £20 ( so I bought 4
tongue.gif
)...thats what everyone goes for- it is a bit of a scrum but the stock levels are usually massive.....

Someone was saying milton bridles down from £129 rrp to £29 quid but I dont know if thats true....

I don't really need anything but I have ended up saying I will take my mate and she is sooooo excited I can't let her down....I am sure i will find something to buy
grin.gif

ETA...sorry, its starts tomorrow at 9am.....

Dirty_D

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well I might make it there at lunchtime to pick up the dregs
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

this will be me too! i cant be bothered to go early after previous years especially as i dont actually need anything!

charlimouse

Visit site
I used to work there, sales are a nightmare, esp when you are on the till all day!!!!!!!!!! I managed to forget the sale was starting tomorrow, so went to get some wormer this afternoon, to find it closed, Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant face the scrum, i'll go later in the week, there may be some of the dregs left if i'm lucky, not that i actually need anything (or have money to buy anything!)

Oaksflight

Visit site
Haha sounds like the next sales of the equine world! Need a couple of things too, wouldve gone but had a couple of falls yday so bed ridden for the next couple of days. Gutted! X

chickeninabun

www.wix.com
I queued for 3 hours just to hand me cash over the year before last!! Madness!
My friend asked if I wanted to go. I said yes but no but, then gave her my shopping list! Hehe! Am hoping for a 6' fleece for like a fiver or something!