You can't beat a veteran. How to keep an old girl young.........

charlimouse

Visit site
......................... take her to showcross :biggrin3:!

Didn't have any plans today, so thought it would be fun to take Pippa to a local showcross competition. Pippa was my first horse, she is now 21 years old, and in her day evented to Pre-novice (as it was then) level, and was my all round Pony Club horse. Showcross suits Pippa, primarily due to the lack of dressage! She is a jumper through and through. We did the 2'6" - 2'9", as Pip is a bit out of practice, having not seen any XC since last summer.

It also gave me chance to test out my new helmet cam.

[video=youtube;oBxdtAabyag]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBxdtAabyag[/video]

We had so much fun, jumping a double clear and finishing 3rd out of 27. We had the added bonus of winning our entry fee back! Now planning a hunter trial in a couple of weeks time for her.

Got to love the golden oldies for putting a smile on your face!

NU ABO

Visit site
I love to see the older ones out and about, my own boy is 17 years and he'll be going XC schooling next month and hopefully to his first hunter trials later this year!

She seems like an absolute sweetie!

anna22

Visit site
Agree entirely! Golden oldies are the best, my eventer is 20 and still going strong :) Looks like you both had a whale of a time, well done on 3rd!

sidsmum

Visit site
That looks like great fun! What helmet cam is it if you don't mind me asking?

I took my 21 year old to a show last weekend - he's not been out for ages so I just popped him in the 2ft class...which he bombed around as fast as possible and got first place! Really pleased with him - he's still got it!

ann-jen

Visit site
I've been XC schooling on my 20yr old ex show jumper today. She was a tad exuberant (read that to mean mental) and had a whale of a time. She has no concept of being an old lady is much more of a handful than my youngster lol!

charlimouse

Visit site
That looks like great fun! What helmet cam is it if you don't mind me asking?

I took my 21 year old to a show last weekend - he's not been out for ages so I just popped him in the 2ft class...which he bombed around as fast as possible and got first place! Really pleased with him - he's still got it!

It is a Hedcam 7Twenty.

Well done. That looked great fun. Where was it?

Manor Farm near Howden in East Yorkshire.

slumdog

Visit site
I jumped the HOYS qualifiers on my 20 year old at Patchetts on Saturday. Everyone was warming up normally, apart from Gam who insisted on jogging sideways with his nose pinned on his chest so I had no breaks or steering :D

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154109054745174&id=607795173&set=a.10150273774105174.519050.607795173&source=11

Last edited: