You know what annoys me...

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
People who winge to me about being tired when they only do 3 days a week at a supermarket. When I have worked 28 days on the trot without 1 day off and it is because of the aforementioned person that I am working 7 days a week for the last month and right through Christmas and New year.

skint1

Visit site
I am annoyed by people who have a horse that they do not want anymore or can't care for and who then dump the problem onto the yard at which their unfortunate horse is living at the time. These people annoy me because they give DIY liveries a bad name, and the stress they can cause on a yard because it's not "oh my God call the RSCPA" but it's far from ideal and other liveries will have different ideas on how to handle the situation. I know it's not my business or my problem to solve but just once I'd like a winter without one of these types on the yard.

OldieButGoodie

Visit site
When I get up at 7:45am at the weekend to feed, turn out & muck out the horses and hubby says he'll help me but then turns up sometime after 9am - AFTER ITS ALL DONE (and after he's had a much needed lie in the poor wee man...)

But at least I have my horses at home now because what upset me at livery yards were the DIY folk who'd turn up at midday to give their horses a 'morning' feed, hay and water. These poor animals had been stabled since god knows when the previous day.

Louby

Visit site
Im sick of poo's being left in the school! Drives me mad and so unfair to expect someone else to move them! I get to the yard early before work and before most others go so I can put my horse in the school for a leg stretch whilst I muck out and end up shifting piles of the stuff, otherwise no doubt people will think its my horse thats done them. I just dont have time in the morning to be cleaning up after others aaaaagh, rant over lol.

Flicker

Visit site
Yard workers telling you with glee your horse got kicked in the field because he was annoying the other horse and he deserved it...so you didn't stop to check if he was ok at the time and you're not asking me now?

Or tell you reprovingly that the horses have trashed the field, after yard decision to keep them all in for 5 days. Like the owners can do anything about it...

Flicker

Visit site
I am annoyed by people who have a horse that they do not want anymore or can't care for and who then dump the problem onto the yard at which their unfortunate horse is living at the time. These people annoy me because they give DIY liveries a bad name, and the stress they can cause on a yard because it's not "oh my God call the RSCPA" but it's far from ideal and other liveries will have different ideas on how to handle the situation. I know it's not my business or my problem to solve but just once I'd like a winter without one of these types on the yard.

There is a part livery on our yard who doesn’t see her three horses for weeks on end because of her busy job. Part livery on our yard includes b/i, t/o, rugs, feed, hay and water and owners are expected to see their horse (or arrange for it to be seen) once a day. This livery won’t be seen sometimes for up to three weeks at a time, and the yard has no option but to provide full care to the horses. Then she turns up and spends more time berating the yard staff for tiny transgressions: hay strands in a water bucket, wet rug not hung up ‘properly’, random pooh left in turnout paddock etc. It honestly is a testament to the diplomacy of YO that they haven’t yet suggested to her that if she’s not happy with how the yard is caring for her three horses she’s welcome to move them to DIY or another yard.

mums the groom

Visit site
A*** lickers

people who suck up to the yard owner then swan around like they own the yard. we are all there for our own pony and have to share the facilities ... OK RANT OVER I'm Sorry

WandaMare

Visit site
Overly nosey horsey neighbours. I have one who I can see stand up in her stirrups as shes hacks past my yard, assessing the condition of my horses and grounds. One day she stopped to enquire why my horse had a rug on the previous day but not today when it was colder.....uh because its a different pony! Another time she wanted to know who was riding in my arena and had I started running a business from the yard (friend borrowed it for a while to show off horse for sale). Its like having the horse police living near you.....agghh! She often asks if I would like to hack out with her sometime.....thanks but no thanks!

Abi90

Visit site
But at least I have my horses at home now because what upset me at livery yards were the DIY folk who'd turn up at midday to give their horses a 'morning' feed, hay and water. These poor animals had been stabled since god knows when the previous day.

I completely agree. I feel guilty at getting to the yard at half 8 at the weekend... even though normally one person is there at that time!

Annagain

Visit site
Drivers of small cars who park right at the back of a parking space, tricking you into thinking you've found a space until you get really close - by which point you've driven past the ramp to the next level and you've got to go all way round, making you even later than the original lateness which caused the mad search for a space in the first place.

....oh and rogue apostrophes. :mad:

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Drivers of small cars who park right at the back of a parking space, tricking you into thinking you've found a space until you get really close - by which point you've driven past the ramp to the next level and you've got to go all way round, making you even later than the original lateness which caused the mad search for a space in the first place.

....oh and rogue apostrophes. :mad:

Even worse, car drivers who park so that they make the space next to them too small for anyone else to get a car in to. Usually on a busy weekend shopping day when spaces are already hard to find.

GTRJazz

Visit site
People who will not tie their hay nets directly onto the rings but instead must have a link of bailing string between the two , why oh why it will not break and makes is hard to hoist the net full of hay into position. Only 20 turns to get the half full net back down but which way?

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
People who will not tie their hay nets directly onto the rings but instead must have a link of bailing string between the two , why oh why it will not break and makes is hard to hoist the net full of hay into position. Only 20 turns to get the half full net back down but which way?

While we are on this subject, people who put the knot at the end of the string not near the haynet opening so when you untie it you cannot as the knot is in the way of pushing through the loop.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
people who hang haynets with the knot in the wrong place I find it really difficult to untie haynets with the knot on the string at the top and through the loop once they have been pulled a few times they are so tight you cannot undo them. the strings should be pulled through to the neck of the net leaving a clear run through the part tied up

wow I only just scrolled after up my post above, I am glad I am not the only one who gets peeved at this.

Ben2684

Visit site
The general people using stuff and not putting it back is annoying but I can live with it, in the grand scheme of things it’s no big deal. People annoy me daily but I aim to just let it go. There are bigger things to worry about in life. The ONE THING that really makes my blood boil is people belittling or taking the P out of others because they haven’t got the latest gear or are not out winning stuff/competing. There is a guy at my yard, he has taken on his daughters horse (after she lost interest) with basically no clue of what to do or how to ride but tries his heart out and is willing to listen and learn, has weekly lessons etc. This horse wants for nothing and he adores her and we all help him as he is just wanting to learn as much as possible. But because he can't ride an elementary test/jump 3ft3/prefers a trot to a canter he’s labelled by some as the ‘clueless numpty’
Took said chap out for a hack and we had a half speed canter and the pure joy on his face had me smiling all day. He decided he had had his first gallop and literally said he was buzzing for days. achievement isn’t only measured in ribbons!

Sorry didn’t mean for this to turn into a rant! Haha

Keith_Beef

Novice equestrian, accomplished equichetrian
Visit site
There is a guy at my yard, he has taken on his daughters horse (after she lost interest) with basically no clue of what to do or how to ride but tries his heart out and is willing to listen and learn, has weekly lessons etc. This horse wants for nothing and he adores her and we all help him as he is just wanting to learn as much as possible. But because he can't ride an elementary test/jump 3ft3/prefers a trot to a canter he’s labelled by some as the ‘clueless numpty’
Took said chap out for a hack and we had a half speed canter and the pure joy on his face had me smiling all day. He decided he had had his first gallop and literally said he was buzzing for days. achievement isn’t only measured in ribbons!

Ignorance is easily cured by study and application, but it takes time. You must have seen improvement in his riding, because you pay attention to it. Those who belittle him only compare his level to their own, and don't see his progression; they're not interested in paying attention.

There are people in this world whose only way of making themselves look big is by making somebody nearby look little.

meleeka

Visit site
People annoy me generally. Most people I meet are very selfish. This is why I’m not on a yard and have very few friends. If I had to pick one annoyance, I’ll go with the hoofpick thing mentioned above. I must own over 10, so where are they all?!

Ladyinred

Visit site
While we are on this subject, people who put the knot at the end of the string not near the haynet opening so when you untie it you cannot as the knot is in the way of pushing through the loop.

My otherwise wonderful OH is the worst haynet hanger I have ever seen! Knots in the wrong place, strange twists in the tie string, final knot not pulled up so the net is high.. the list goes on. I always try to discretely re-hang them and he always catches me and sighs!

GTRJazz

Visit site
Folk who leave a pile of dropping in an otherwise immaculate stable...... and ****** off home!

Oh I do this but put fresh straw on top then stand on it to make it flat

still a comfy bed for a horse and they wont get a poo stain

No one ever won a rosette for mucking out

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Having gone to the expense of buying a Haybar DP still insists on pulling his hay out and spreading it all over the floor. I'm fortunate that nobody touches my stuff so if I can't find something it's my own fault and I regularly berate myself for losing things.

GTRJazz

Visit site
Gate jockeys you will never see them riding themselves, but when the yard novice starts to ride they mount the manage gate and sit there shouting directions like a instructor
But unlike an instructor do not concentrate on the basics but proceed to point out every little fault and usually ending in the comment and your horse looks a bit lame

southerncomfort

Visit site
What annoys me is seeing my horse tip her bucket upside down and watching all her expensive supplements disappear!

I have tried every bucket design available. I have tried tying a trug to the fence, I have tried the over-the-door type bucket. I have tried small buckets, big buckets, buckets in a tyre. Doesn't matter what I do she still tips her food all over the floor.

I have resorted to actually crouching down and holding the bucket on the ground while she eats. Of course this results in food being dribbled on my head, in my ear, down my back. (sigh)

Annagain

Visit site
Having gone to the expense of buying a Haybar DP still insists on pulling his hay out and spreading it all over the floor. I'm fortunate that nobody touches my stuff so if I can't find something it's my own fault and I regularly berate myself for losing things.

Put a heavy log on top of his hay - stops him pulling it out. We do this with one of ours, works a treat. It needs to be quite long to stop it falling down so far you can't reach it once he's eaten his hay!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
5+ people commenting on facebook that there isn't a share option, suggesting the OP needs to change a setting when it is a restriction of the group they have posted in so there will not, and never will be a share button :p.

little_critter

Visit site
What annoys me is seeing my horse tip her bucket upside down and watching all her expensive supplements disappear!

I have tried every bucket design available. I have tried tying a trug to the fence, I have tried the over-the-door type bucket. I have tried small buckets, big buckets, buckets in a tyre. Doesn't matter what I do she still tips her food all over the floor.

I have resorted to actually crouching down and holding the bucket on the ground while she eats. Of course this results in food being dribbled on my head, in my ear, down my back. (sigh)

Once she has tipped it on the floor does she still eat it?
If she does I would just sweep a clean area of floor and empty the bucket onto the floor for her. At least that way you know it won't be flung into bedding etc.

lrw0250

Visit site
At the moment, its a couple of liveries who feel the need to complain to anyone and everyone about winter in general - the weather, no grass, stabling at night etc. These are 2 older ladies who no longer work and have the luxury of being able to see their horses in daylight most days and they also help each other out due to sharing a field. They also complained about the lack of grass in the summer, resulting in YO opening up the field next door to theirs for them, giving them extra. Said field was to be my winter grazing but is of course now getting trashed so my daughter's lami prone pony is now stuck in her summer starvation field alone all winter. It is the furthest field from the yard with no horses on either side but thankfully still has some grass due to me strip grazing through the summer although I am still feeding more hay than normal.

Now that might not seem like much, but when you add in to the mix that I am 6 months pregnant, work full time Monday-Friday 08.30-17.00, have a young child and am feeling extremely hormonal just now, needless to say that their petty gripes are annoying me! Yes. it is my choice to be pregnant and still be on DIY but don't make out your winter is going worse than mine when from where I am standing you have it pretty easy.

welshcobabe

Visit site
The one person that has a knack of causing trouble between otherwise normal folk just by embellishing a conversation that was never meant to be relayed in that manner good job we are wise to it now :)

LeannePip

Visit site
People who sing along to my favourite songs and dont know the words!!

When i'm driving i like to sing along, but it really aggravates me when people with me also sing along but sing the wrong words - it takes all my effort not to go THATS NOT THE WORDS! :D