You know you are horsey when...

palomino_pony

Visit site
You use equestrian centres / tack shops / big horse events as landmarks....'Oh I know where you are, down near Hartpury' etc

This makes my mum laugh as she uses pubs!

mszig

Visit site
When sitting at work and realise the fleece you have shoved on in a hurry smells of horse and instead of being embarrassed that work mates may smell it you sniff it and feel happy as I' am doing today lol

Azabache

Visit site
You know exactly when the clocks are changing and when the shortest and longest days of the year are and their occurence makes you incredibly excited or depressed, depending on which it is.

A lie in is 8am!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
(1) Your mattress is falling to pieces & all the springs are broken, and you keep finding bits of hay, hair etc in it. You keep saying you're gonna replace it, but are a tad financially challenged at the mo.

Horse on the other hand has a lovely sweet smelling bed, kept scrupulously clean and swept and aired regularly.

(2) You've got pain in your back/knees/wherever; and OH keeps nagging you to go to your private physio and get yourself sorted, but you keep saying its a heluva lot of money and you'll be OK soon.

Horse on the other hand has regular physio plus solar and all the trimmings.

3) You keep bellyaching about your tooth hurting but you just keep putting off making the dentists appointment coz again you're a bit financially pinched.

Horse on the other hand has regular dental check ups, plus you've just bought him/her yet another expensive bit, plus coudln't resist that nice little bridle you saw at Badminton .....

4) Your hair looks (and smells) like the bottom of a straw bed; you can't afford a proper hairdressers appointment so use your horse's mane/tail thinner.

Your horse on the other hand has his/her mane regularly pulled and plaited, and tail trimmed and washed and is sleek and shining.

Gwena

Visit site
When you're cooking a nice Casserole & you run out of carrots - but aren't worried because you know that there will be a few floating around in the car you can use!

Visit site
When you are out with the OH visiting a stately home and you think "you could have a fantastic canter down here" on their immaculate lawns

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
When you suddenly become much more interested in a film / book / tv show / conversation because a horse is involved!

I jump hedges on the train too :)

Snap!

I'm house hunting at the mo and wish rightmove would have an "equestrian" search box.... Or at least plot each livery yard on the map!!!

brighthair

www.wannabeadressagediva.wordpress.com
when your Dad unblocks your bath. To find straw, hay, polo mints, pony nuts...
when you take your sports bra off and half a haynet falls out
when your colleague sticks her horse gloves under your nose, you inhale deeply whilst the others recoil in horror when smelling them
when something smells like it has died in my car and then I realise it's just my sweaty riding hat
when the best, best smell in the world is horse related. Wet,sweaty horse smell, the smell of fresh straw, and the smell of a horses nose

tallyho!

Following a strict mediterranean diet...
Visit site
when your Dad unblocks your bath. To find straw, hay, polo mints, pony nuts...
when you take your sports bra off and half a haynet falls out
when your colleague sticks her horse gloves under your nose, you inhale deeply whilst the others recoil in horror when smelling them
when something smells like it has died in my car and then I realise it's just my sweaty riding hat
when the best, best smell in the world is horse related. Wet,sweaty horse smell, the smell of fresh straw, and the smell of a horses nose

That's just a bit too gross.... :D

suzied

Visit site
When everyone knows you're in your office from the trail of shavings you've left along the corridor.
When your feed bins are full of carefully researched, perfectly balanced top quality nosh, but your fridge just has a microwave curry, a cupasoup, a pot noodle & a half eaten packet of 24p Aldi biscuits.
When you're obsessive about keeping your horse's bed clean & tidy but ignore the dust & cobwebs taking over your house - although you do remember to polish the trophies.
When you use weight aids to drive round corners.
When you keep a halter in the boot in case you come across a horse loose on the road - which I have done, twice, & after catching it phoned the police & told them I didn't know where the horse lived because I didn't recognise it. There was an even longer pause after I explained I was on first name terms with all the horses in the area.
When you just love the way your horse twists his neck in ecstasy when his physio hits the right spot during his regular six monthly check up & massage although you back is killing you because you can't afford a trip to the osteo.
When you cut your own hair - with the big scissors you use to trim your horse's tail - but pay someone else to clip your horse.
When all you want for Christmas is a bottle of leather wash.
When you spend your Christmas bonus on a portrait of your horse.
When you've driven a 12 year old rust bucket round the clock so you can afford to keep your second hand lorry on the road.
When you choose pjs for their suitability to double as mucking out trousers.
When you won't go on holiday unless your horse can come too.