You know your pony is a saint when..

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
...She can teach a young girl how to jump, school nicely pulling off a lovely leg yield for one of her first attempts and do tack-less for the first time in 7 years all in the space of an hour

N had a jump again this weekend for the 2nd time, she was brilliant and is learning to sit up afterwards - Lily does jump them a bit too enthusiastically at times so can throw her off balance a bit. But N kept her nice and relaxed and quiet before and after the jumps - result :D

I had a pop on her for 10 mins to give her a quick blast, she a tenancy to hide behind the vertical so this is a work in progress bu considering shes been field bound with no human interaction for he past 6 years with previous owners, shes doing well ;)

When we owned her 10 years ago, I was a mad teenager who used to blast about on her tack less and jump anything we could find.

In a moment of madness of course I decided to strip all her tack off o_O, she was so good we had a little mooch about in trot and a quick canter.

She's one of those ponies who's worth her weight in gold she is fabulous on the ground with perfect manners and a saint to ride! Got to love ponies!!:)

IMG_9944.jpg

014E6CFC-5F17-4DF2-8272-C5B3E8724C45.JPG

F2276D79-1B19-4DCF-98B0-C01A49466CC7.JPG

1ST1

Visit site
... when a friend whom you have not seen for 31 years and who has ridden for a total of three times before (always on the lunge) comes to visit you and can happily ride him on her own, and he makes her smile like this :):

56544636_10156804671092626_8704451837589192704_n.jpg

Your pony is gorgeous by the way :)

NinjaPony

Visit site
Brilliant thread!
When your pony spooks at something when you are leaning forward to put back your stirrups in place having crossed them, holding reins at the buckle end, and leaps forward, stops all by himself and puts his head up to rebalance you!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
That jumping pic is very cute! Even matchied the jump and the hat silk.

Frank is not a saint, TBF he could be trusted by the smallest of small people (though when one aged about 3 decided she needed to do more than her brother and jump not just do walk poles I did say no :p), he was just a tit at other times, so probably more comedian than saint hood :p.

One memorable one though was best friend from uni coming to visit, who declared he was huge (14.2) and she definitely wouldn't ride him so I took her to carnival that evening and pointed out how he was rather small compared to the police horses. She had been trekking once, which was not a pleasant experience and she definitely had no control.
She declared when we got home from her ride (after being amazed that she could influence him!) that she and a housemate had always though me and other housemate bonkers for talking about the horses like they were people, but she understood now ;).

BenvardenRach2

Visit site
Leo W - what a pleasant surprise :D ponies do rock!!!

AE - what a darling!! x

Ninja- He can't have been THAT scared then ;) bless!

Ester - Thank you, she loves pink and blue if you cant tell :D!!
haha my partner also thinsg my other horse (15hh) is MASSIVE!;) He sounds like a character Ester, the little ones are always opinionated!

Mule

Visit site
I rode mine bareback yesterday but I wasn't keen on jumping (high withers)
He really wanted to go over a little jump I had set up. When I got off I put a lead rope on him and the two of us jumped it on foot!
It was very cute 😊