You know you're an equestrian when...

cobsarefab

Visit site
Inspired by something I just saw on the internet which said "you know you're an equestrian when someone says quick silver and you think of whitening shampoo."
For me it's when you turn up at A&E and no matter what's wrong they mention your horse by name.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
When you impatiently click at the person who's decided to slow down on the pavement without warning.

When you follow it up with a stern "walk on" when that same person stops suddenly.

When you hip check your OH in the kitchen as he's in your way...brownie points if he responds without question.

Trying to put your leg on when you drive past something spooky, usually followed by a pat of the steering wheel.

cobsarefab

Visit site
When you impatiently click at the person who's decided to slow down on the pavement without warning.

When you follow it up with a stern "walk on" when that same person stops suddenly.

When you hip check your OH in the kitchen as he's in your way...brownie points if he responds without question.

Trying to put your leg on when you drive past something spooky, usually followed by a pat of the steering wheel.

Thought of another one, someone mentioning feathers and me instantly thinking of cobbus feet

KittenInTheTree

Visit site
Your disposable income inevitably goes unspent because you keep on comparing "nice things you could buy for yourself today" against "number of bales you could buy instead come winter" and the thought of wasting all that potential hay/haylage money is unthinkable.

I shan't mention rug hoarding, as that's a genuine addiction and it's wrong to mock the afflicted.

CMcC

Visit site
Changing lanes when driving is leg yielding.

Never remember anyone's name - but always remember everything about their horse.

case895

Visit site
Working at home days for vet, saddler, etc. visits. When I left the old job, my manager of several years said it was only after two years that the "Charlie" I spoke about was a horse and not a child.

my bfg

Visit site
Adopting a deeper seat when braking in the car, def the holding items like reins one, clicking at my dog sends him into trot (he's well trained lol) going into jumping position on my bike when going over rough ground, being totally germaphobic around people but will happily roll a fag straight after mucking out and referring to cleaning the car as mucking it out, crikey there's loads lol :)

MagicMelon

Visit site
When you look out the window on a long car journey (not driving) and pretend your galloping alongside jumping whatever walls/fences etc. come in your way. Ive done it since a young kid, still do it now!

SEL

Visit site
Adopting a deeper seat when braking in the car, def the holding items like reins one, clicking at my dog sends him into trot (he's well trained lol) going into jumping position on my bike when going over rough ground, being totally germaphobic around people but will happily roll a fag straight after mucking out and referring to cleaning the car as mucking it out, crikey there's loads lol :)

I click at OH when he starts faffing around in the supermarket. I have also said 'clever boy' to him more than once - he asked last weekend if he could have a carrot and pat on the head too:D

SEL

Visit site
You puncture a tyre and the lovely garage decide to valet your car before changing the tyre because it smelt so bad no-one wanted to drive it.

BandL

Visit site
you always know the weather/temperature!

Its a running joke in my office that I always know what the weather is/forecast to be.