You Lovely Eventing Lot...

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
P is doing his first Novice at Winkburn. Have looked at the pictures on EWW, and there's nothing there I'm thinking will cause a serious problem. He can do the height, but his little irish brain might get a bit addled with skinnys [will be doing practise] and angles [ditto].

So, to the point. Presuming we have a good run at Winkburn [ no more than 8 SJ and 20 XC] where should I go for my next Novice? Bearing in mind it's only his second. Burnham Market looks good, although I'm thinking the ground looks like it gets v deep? There's then Keysoe, Oasby & Holdenby. Obviously funds for 3 horses won't allow me to do all of them, but two, maybe three. But which would be the best to follow on from Winkburn?

Let the debate begin
grin.gif

chester1234

www.lkequestrian.com
Thistle - are you saying it wasn't deep or was?! I'm confused, or maybe I'm just a numpty! The EWW photos make the take offs look v poached is all!
K - Some reason read OPN as N
mad.gif
I'm so not with it today.

Lolo

Visit site
(eldest daughter talking, not actual member...)

I live down the road from Burnham Market and love it there- the course is friendly and inviting, although often up to height.
It's not as easy as places like Blackwater, but still very good. And if you were towed in at BM, you've met my Dad!! The stabling gets a but deep due to the torrential rain in spring, and the burst water pipe, but the going is usually is nice and 'easy'.

Horsemad12

Visit site
Burnham Market is up to height but lovely.

Keysoe is quite easy but with the odd fence that seems much bigger / harder than the rest. Perhaps OK for someone just upgraded as the easy fences give you a breather but on an experinced horse I found it hard to get a rythmn. SJ on a surface and usually up to height and I have seen it cause problems.

Oasby nice, and usually good ground even if it is wet.

Good luck at Winkburn I did my first ever novice there a few years ago!

sw123

Visit site
I'd go to Burnham and Oasby - thats the plan for my 5yo novice wise!!

Winkburns novice is fine, i always think its a bit rubbish in that the fences aren't beautiful or particularly spectacular but it does the job as a run, the ground should be ok this year too