Young dog weeing problem

greenroof

Visit site
I have had a year old JR terrier for a couple of months. She wasn't house trained when I got her, but is now pretty good with not too many accidents. The problem I am having is that when I get up in the morning, her bladder is full, and she leaks. She is not urinating on purpose, although she has done occasionally. She always goes out last thing at night. She sleeps in my bedroom. Any advice please?

Clodagh

Visit site
We never speak to ours in the morning until they have gone out. When young they get scooped up and dumped outside before they get as much as a hello. If they have a full bladder and are young making a fuss can be all too much.

ponyparty

Visit site
Could you install a little dog flap for her? We've got one for ours and I would never NOT have one now, saves so much faffing about!

If that's not an option, then as above - don't fuss her, speak to her, anything, just go down and open the door, completely ignoring her until she's emptied her bladder. If their bladder is full, any stimulation can just send them over the edge, bless em :)

greenroof

Visit site
Thanks for your replies. It is "excited weeing." Even just scooping her up in the morning can make her leak :( On the plus side, she is the most adorable little dog though :) I hope she will grow out of it (the leaking, not being adorable, lol)