Young Horse muscle pain?

Trinkett

Visit site
Hello, "unfortunately" I'm a very observing person, so every movement my horse makes I notice.
To do a little recap: my rising 4 yo popped a Splint at the end of December, and after two shock waves treatments and 7 weeks rest + turnout this Monday I started lunging her again.
Monday I lunged her without tack, Tuesday and yesterday with tack and running side reins, I attached them after warming her up on both sides. Since I got her I tried to start doing so type of massaging, I bought this tool https://hypostore.com/ekkia-massage-brush-grip.html and I run it along the neck, the back and generally where are the big muscles. Yesterday I did it and when I was on the right side and I was using the brush near the croup she was moving forward and leaning against the wall on the left, but she didn't seem to be bothered, today I only walked her to give her some rest and massaged her again but she seemed quite bothered by the massage on the right side on the croup/lower back region, she was moving and yawning. I called the vet and she told me that since I used the side reins maybe the muscles are sore so she told me to lunge her without tack for some days and to keep her updated, maybe to call a physio to help her.
Do you ever had problems with muscles soreness in young horses?
I know some people will talk about teeth/feet/ulcer/whatever, but since I called the vet and my horse is sound and when working she looked normal (I'm not pushing her since she just came back to work) it's possible that it's just the muscles.
I have to add that 3 weeks into the splint rest she fell on concrete on the left side, I told the vet but she didn't seem to think is was that

paddy555

Visit site
Do you ever had problems with muscles soreness in young horses?
I know some people will talk about teeth/feet/ulcer/whatever, but since I called the vet and my horse is sound and when working she looked normal (I'm not pushing her since she just came back to work) it's possible that it's just the muscles.

maybe the start of PSSM if she is starting to work?

paddi22

Visit site
do you lunge her much? I've seen a good few young horses get strains and pulls from lunging, especially if surface is deep.

Trinkett

Visit site
do you lunge her much? I've seen a good few young horses get strains and pulls from lunging, especially if surface is deep.
She has been on rest for the past 7weeks and she was just walked/turn out, I lunged her just this three days, the arena is actually a little hard but in the field she likes to buck and run, not all the time but she does it, and the field in some areas was muddy

paddy555

Visit site
She started working in July last year and was broken in in October November and didn't have problems

I meant starting her working life in general as opposed to living in a field as a youngster/working in hand.

Have you had the physio? maybe they can see what is happening. Perhaps try some work other than lunging. That, along with side reins, could be causing the soreness.

Trinkett

Visit site
I meant starting her working life in general as opposed to living in a field as a youngster/working in hand.

Have you had the physio? maybe they can see what is happening. Perhaps try some work other than lunging. That, along with side reins, could be causing the soreness.
Since I don't know any physio I'm going to follow my vet advice for the next few days and then ask her if she knows someone