Young horses in France

hotpotato

Visit site
Hi, can anyone tell me if there are young horse competitions in France, specifically anything 'in-hand' before they are 4 and then any ridden performance classes, in any discipline? I can't find any information on the FFE site. Thanks in advance

Booboos

Visit site
I don't think there is anything in hand at all in France.
I know the FFE has 4, 5 and 6yo championships but I *think* they are for Pro not Amateur or Club (may be wrong on that last point though).

Google brings this up but I have no clue how this relates to the FFE
http://www.shf.eu/reglement-2015-reglement-organisation-204.html

Finding any information in France is a nightmare, don't know why they are so bad at it!

Hemirjtm

Visit site
Hi,

There isn't anything in hand, but for dressage there is "France Dressage" which is for foals, 2yr olds and 3yr olds. They are run loose (or under saddle for the 3yr olds), then judged.

I'm not 100% sure how it works for SJ and Eventing but for dressage it's :

4, 5 and 6yr olds can compete in "Cycle Classique" or "Cycle Libre". Cycle Classique is the more pro side of young horse classes, and you do have classes for each age group - ie : 4yr olds, 5yr olds and 6yr olds. Cycles Libre is the "amateur" one. Cycle Libre 1ere année is for 4 and 5 year olds, Cycle Libre 2e année is 5 and 6yr olds and they added a Cycle Libre 3e année for 6yr olds. You can compete in both on an Licence Amateur, but you can't compete on a club licence.

All information about Young Horse classes is on www.shf.eu .

I had a quick look for showjumping and it looks very similar to dressage, however it looks like they have an extra circuit "Circuit de Formation" where the results don't get posted onto FFE website.