Your buttocks..

Rachel_M

Visit site
grin.gif
Whilst jumping, do you keep your posterior quite low to the saddle, or do you raise yours quite high?

I have noted that I raise mine only the minimal amount, and really only fold from the hips up, but many others stand completely out of the saddle.

How far out of the saddle do you raise your bum whilst jumping?

Also, whilst we are at it, how far do you stand out the saddle for rising trot? Again, I don't really lift that far..

FinellaGlen

Visit site
I opened this thread gingerly in case you were suggesting that we all photocopy our bums! Ihave learnt to expect the unexpected on here - lol
grin.gif
blush.gif

Cop-Pop

Visit site
I don't go very high for jumping or trotting but that's the way I was taught. I was watching someone jump the other day (their bum was unfortunately the same size as the horse's) and she stuck her bum so high for the whole round a 747 could have landed on it...
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I opened this thread gingerly in case you were suggesting that we all photocopy our bums! Ihave learnt to expect the unexpected on here - lol
grin.gif
blush.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

LMFAO- Please lift your mind out the gutter.
tongue.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I stand (a la Pippa Funnell...), very unattractive and very uneffective. Probably the reason I'm so useless at jumping! I've been told I should keep my bum closer to the saddle and just slide it backwards towards the cantle instead. Easier said than done, I'm usually too busy praying for a safe landing while I'm mid-air (over the 1'6" log I've just jumped).

hadfos

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not far.................gravity keeps my big arse down!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Snap,lol
grin.gif
My ass aint the problem it is the swing of my legs from knee down
blush.gif
am working on it honest,lol,so out of practice!!Tips whilst you are all looking?
grin.gif

asbo

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Not far.................gravity keeps my big arse down!!!
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto
smirk.gif

Rachel_M

Visit site
Off topic- Solveig; your dog is stunning! Ridgeback?

On topic- Thanks for your replies. At least I don't feel such a numpty about my jumping position. There seems to be a few who are like me.
smile.gif

Natch

Visit site
grin.gif
One tends to adopt a fold from the hips with the buttocks still close to the saddle in order to avoid unfortunate solar eclipse, and a thelwell style somewhere mid air ready for landing and getaway. Despite popular belief there is nothing more correct than to hang out of the side door to which you desire to turn after the jump. Another unpopular but correct belief is that the toes and the elbows should form wings to allow proper take-off.
grin.gif

*I have now retired from jumping due to wanting children in the future and being laughed out of the ring...
wink.gif

Keltic

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I don't go very high for jumping or trotting but that's the way I was taught. I was watching someone jump the other day (their bum was unfortunately the same size as the horse's) and she stuck her bum so high for the whole round a 747 could have landed on it...
grin.gif
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Was it me????
shocked.gif