Your fave breeches/jods

mcnaughty

Visit site
Need to buy some more show jods and just wondered if any of you have a recommendation.

For a lady with an ample bottom so none of those nasty low-rise ones ...... cream!

Thanks guys.

scheherazade

Visit site
From experience, the leather full seated ones are less flattering unless you look like a stick! Pleats also hide a multitude of sins ;) I quite like the Mark Todd ones with pleats, good to wash, last well and flattering for an older person who isn't a stick!!

JenTaz

Visit site
I really like the derby house's own branded jodphurs, they seem to last well and are usually reasonably priced, or i tend to wear dublin ones for competing

Twiglet

Visit site
Pleasantly surprised with Derby House breeches - I think it's their Vancouver ones. I got them in a sale and they feel a lot more quality than i expected for the price.

leflynn

Visit site
I like some Derby house breeches, I also love (don't laugh) my ancient Katie Price denim full seat jods - most comfy ever!!!!

becca1305

Visit site
Pikeur lugana the fit is flattering (as flattering as you can get with a Bridget Jones esque bum and sizeable thighs anyway ;)). Full seat helps to keep me in the plate at sticky moments. The material is lovely and looks really smart and they aren't low waisted but equally don't come up to just under your boobs! - perfect mid rise :). They also come in long length for lanky people like me :D. I have them in maize for eventing which I really like, they look very smart with tweed jacket and I think are a more flattering colour for me as darker than cream but not as bright as canary :).

camilla4

Visit site
I stick with Pikeurs - fab quality and fit and also wash very well. The Candela and Ricarda styles are high-waisted.

MCTM

Visit site
I just got some of the new Tredstep ones at Badminton (well, actually I got 2 pairs - one for show wear and then went back later to get a pair for everyday use). Find them really comfortable and they are meant to be stain resistant (we shall see about that....)

Jo_x

Visit site
I got a eurostar pair off eBay and they are the comfiest things ever and SO flattering. not sure how much they cost new though, but they def feel like they will last a very long time

vermillion

Visit site
Pikeur, Eurostar & Schumacher are my faves; with the pleat front Mark Todds for everyday riding.

I have a beloved pair of old Caldene super high waisted pleated front breeches with the most amazing huge pockets in the front that I wear hunting; sadly they have been through the wash a few too many times but I havent found any as comfy as them yet :(

cavalo branco

Visit site
Another Derby House fan!! Their full seat suede breeches are really hard wearing - I've got about 5 pairs now in different styles and the suede does not pill, they wash well and are comfy!:):)

They always seem to be in sale these days so they are a real bargain :D:D

Cleo

Visit site
Ha, asking myself the same question.
Have a fab pair of Tagg ones and Harry Hall. Think my cream ones are Toggi and are super comfy - but really really old. :eek:

Last edited:

LynH

Visit site
I really like the Premier Equine full seat breeches. They used to be low rise which I really liked but are now high waisted so if they are as good as the previous versions and you are looking for normal or high waist they would be worth a look and cheaper than some brands but good quality and the material is a decent thickness.

lex2501

Visit site
I really love my pikeurs, but hate that the pocket isn't big enough for my phone!!

Ruggeds are brilliant value for money. Mark Todds aren't the most durable - I go through the knees quickly! I do rate my right breeches too :)

spookypony

Visit site
Another vote for Pikeur Lugana. I wear the winter fabric, fleece-lined and weather-resistant, all year round (NE Scotland for you, miserable place!). They wash well, and have lasted me far longer than any other brand, despite hard wear.

starryeyed

Visit site
I loveeeeeeeeeee my Kerrits, favourite breeches by far!!! So, so comfortable - I didn't realise how restrictive my other breeches were until I tried these, I find it so much easier to ride and keep a correct position. Also very grippy which is great when you ride a bit of a nutter! I don't know how I ever rode without them, they are my obsession. However - they are similar to leggings so not overly flattering - but saying this, they are "shaped and sculpted" to fit well and even though the material is thin, I find they actually look very nice on.
Alternatively, I've heard nothing but good about the Pikeur lugana breeches - have never tried them myself but they are next on my horsey to-buy as they sound wonderful and feel like I'm majorly missing out!