Your favourite brand for jodhpurs

HashRouge

Visit site
So, I haven't bought a pair of jodhpurs in years. I have a vile purple pair that I picked up cheap but prefer not to wear if I can help it! When I ride now, which isn't often, I just pair my favourite skinny jeans with riding boots. However it looks like I'm going to work for my old boss (a showjumper) over the summer while I look for a "proper" job so I will be riding regularly again and I want to update my riding wardrobe. When I was there before I used to wear jeans and converse for riding as I was mainly hacking, but I've now made a deal with the boss man that I will get a lesson a week as part of my "salary". And my friend, who lives locally, has just bought a horse and asked if I would like to share him over the Summer. So if I'm going to smarten my riding up, I might as well smarten up my riding wardrobe too :D

So I'm after recommendations for nice jodhpurs. I can't afford anything too pricey but I do want something that looks nice and smart (and not kiddish - the cheapo own brand ones I usually get make me look about 12!). I'm letting my vain side take over for once :D

teapot

Visit site
Mark Todd Gisbournes, I have them in three colours, they're more cotton than that hideous unflattering stretchy lycra and are under £50 a pair. Come up almost a size small though.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Gorringe
Absolutely love them. Got my first pair when I was 12 and only had to replace them when dressage boots started wearing them down behind my knee. They enjoy a second life as general walking / hiking trousers and are more than 20 years old and finally starting to show signs of general wear & pilling. I've got three more pairs in different colours. They're not cheap or easy to find but will last a very long time.

Whizza

Visit site
I've got some Harry hall ones, not the best on the market bu, not the worst, they are nice thick material with a bit of stretch, very comfy and come in some quite cool colours. Go outdoors do them for about £20 a pair I think.

AmieeT

Visit site
I really like Pikeur breeches- I have 2 pairs, both over 3 years old and worn to death, and the fabric still looks as good as new (plus the material is quite forgiving!).

soloequestrian

Visit site
Derby House - just discovered them last year. Nicely made, reasonable price and seem to be lasting well. Their sale was great too.

_OC_

Visit site
Brought some HY recently on Equestrian clearance site......Breeches and they are lush and flattering.....bearing in mind I have about 11 pairs of breeches these have been the best so far......do also like Dublin's as well.....full seat ones....any how back to the HY's there available in navy(Brought those one's) silver blue colour......and a sort of brown....paid £47 plus postage......thinking the sort of brown ones are beckoning me to buy them......BUY ME....Keeps going through my head.....but, just spent £48 on a new tankini from Very, for my holiday in the next couple of weeks.....so may be not :(

Pie's mum

Visit site
Montar are my new favourite. On sale at hope valley at the moment. I also like ariats. Got a pair half price from equestrian.com

Cowpony

Visit site
Rugged are lovely and fit well. Not the cheapest, but if you can get them on a sale they are great value as they wear well. Depending on timing, I would suggest going to one of the agricultural shows and looking there. Lots of bargains to be had, and lots of different makes to try.

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
Another vote for Gorringe. I've had some of their corduroy jods for over 30yrs and they still don't have any sign of wear. Their jean type jods are good too.

Makemineacob

Visit site
I've recently bought a pair of PK International carbon knee patch breeches and I'm seriously impressed, so comfy! So different too, they have elasticated putter thigh and knee section stitched in stretchy lines (hard to describe and photo on link is poor) everyone comments on them and asks where I got them from. They're not cheap but I will definitely buy another pair for when these are in the wash!

http://www.equiport.co.uk/products/...ng-breeches/carbon-knee-patch-breeches-pkc17/

debsflo

Visit site
Ive just bought some balance riding tights from Noble outfitters and just love them. Mine are black but they do blue and beige too. They feel just like wearing gym leggings.

Kylara

Visit site
I like hactac breeches with the fleur-de-lis full seat, though you need to go up a size as whilst they will fit, actually riding in them can be hard as the outer stretch part isn't that stretchy! I also like hacked off but not their current colours.
Gorringe are good and HH are decent for the price.

Micropony

Visit site
I have always been a Pikeur girl but recently needed some new ones and didn't want to pay Pikeur prices. I have bought a couple of pairs of Horze ones and a couple of Felix Buhler ones from that Kramer website. Have to say I have been very happy with the cut and quality of both brands. And very happy with the prices!

pansymouse

Visit site
I only ever wear riding tights - soooooooo comfortable; I would never go back to jods or breeches. I wear FITS which are very expensive but there are an increasing range of other brands which are a more sane price.

pansymouse

Visit site
I've recently bought a pair of PK International carbon knee patch breeches and I'm seriously impressed, so comfy! So different too, they have elasticated putter thigh and knee section stitched in stretchy lines (hard to describe and photo on link is poor) everyone comments on them and asks where I got them from. They're not cheap but I will definitely buy another pair for when these are in the wash!

http://www.equiport.co.uk/products/...ng-breeches/carbon-knee-patch-breeches-pkc17/

Damn you woman I think I'm going to have buy some of those now.

Merrymoles

Visit site
Shires and Aldi for me - although a couple of my Aldi pairs have been a bit iffy in terms of the fastenings. One pair lost the "popper" the first time they were washed and the other has material which is too short for the popper to stay done up.

Love my Shires breeches though and have converted a friend to them who also adores them. I could live in them (and frequently do - wearing them now!)