Your favourite noise your dog makes

paisley

Visit site
No, bear with me! Its just as a silly pointless post, for dog appreciation.
I've noticed the whippet has a very content and grateful sounding 'gruntle' after a really good walk and possibly someone (!) has tucked a blanket round him- almost like he's just been given a really good cup of tea and a biscuit ?
What would yours be?

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
No, bear with me! Its just as a silly pointless post, for dog appreciation.
I've noticed the whippet has a very content and grateful sounding 'gruntle' after a really good walk and possibly someone (!) has tucked a blanket round him- almost like he's just been given a really good cup of tea and a biscuit ?
What would yours be?
Mine does this also after a busy day or a long walk a cross between a contented sigh and a mmmmm. I love it and the cat has a slightly whistly snore and between the two of them of an evening it feels like a very contented household.

Kipper's Dick

Visit site
Our collies have perfected the 'melodic yawn'! Starts off with a sort of excited yawn when we come downstairs in the morning, which changes into a yodel. Okay, okay, I haven't made a very good job of explaining it (needs to be heard to be truly appreciated!), but one of our boys is especially musical and it makes us laugh every time!

Errin Paddywack

Visit site
Our collies have perfected the 'melodic yawn'! Starts off with a sort of excited yawn when we come downstairs in the morning, which changes into a yodel.
My two do this as well. Once the alarm goes off they are allowed to come in and jump on us and we get a lot of this yodelling, both have different versions and positively talk to us. Continues until I let them out. I love it.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Hector has a sneeze when he initiating play. If he is not really bothered and you pretend to sneeze a few times, he will join in. Lovely sound that only happens when he is fit and happy.

Crackers is a noisy sleeper. I haven't always been sleeping well lately, but his snoring is very soothing. He also often dreams and does little stifled barks.

Annette4

Visit site
Dobby does a saluki yodel whenever he sees people on 'his' Park (right outside the house) which is my favourite thing ever....except when I'm on a work call.

Ginny makes her 'gremlin noise' when she's really excited to see me which is like a growl and a yap.

Fizz isn't a vocal dog but her teeth chattering is my favourite thing.

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I love the crunch munch sound they make when eating their treat bone things (they're tiny but do make a satisfying crunch).

Also, love the B'dog's 'purr' - as he's a Rottie and the sound is very similar to a growl it's taken a bit of getting used to, but I love it as it means my big, daft, sappy worrier is happy.

GreyMane

Visit site
Our dear late rescue dog used to enjoy a duet in the evening. If she whined and you answered, she'd keep replying, with long and quite musical sounds. She was a total sweetheart, reckon she thought she was human not canine.
She had sort of appaloosa spots on her rear end, on several occasions the vet said "if she was a horse with those markings she'd be worth a lot!"

tessie.jpg