your favourite oil for hot clothing?

dottylottie

Visit site
debating treating the girls (myself) to a posh oil for hot clothing…i’d usually just use baby oil, but someone lent me some of the shapleys light oil last night because mine has walked off and i was impressed with the results!

had to do a bit of an extreme hot cloth, more like a hot soak, because she was so greasy, but i’ve clipped her today and very impressed with the shine under there!

what’s your favourite to use?

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I can’t remember the name of the company but I’m sure someone will.
They make lovely skin products but are quite expensive. Not tried the hot cloth oil but I have used others of their products.
They make buck off calmer and it comes in pink spa type bottles that wouldn’t look out if place in your bathroom!

YourValentine

Visit site
I just use pig oil.

I don't like scented oils because we are choosing scents WE like, but how do we know if a horse likes smelling of lavender/other?

They use scent to identify each other and plants etc, walking around smelling artificially of something might be really annoying, but how can they express it? Same with scented shampoos etc

Abacus

Visit site
It's still toxic I wouldn't use it. There are many alternatives as stated in this post.
Anything is toxic in the wrong strength or in the wrong place. Dettol is anti bacterial and so almost by definition harmful to ‘animals’ generally and especially undiluted but it is designed to clean wounds and on most animals is safe as long as diluted though it is known to be toxic to cats. It’s often used all over after hunting as a wash (again diluted) to clean any small cuts and scrapes that aren’t very visible. Not sure it would work as oil does when hot clothing to give a shine so I’d use something else here.