Your favourite pair of long boots...

frannieuk

Visit site
I'm in desperate need of some new long boots for everyday riding. I've got a pair of Equitheme Veronas, which are beyond their last legs and I would've bought another pair except they've rather inconveniently stopped making them!

So, your suggestions/reviews please! I'm a size 6.5 (ariat) 7 (most other makes) with skinny calves, and I like the sort of long boot that is very fitted around the ankle, and not at all bulky, and I'd prefer to keep below the £175 mark if possible.

Notwithstanding the budget, I quite like the look of the Tredstep boots, so if anyone's got a pair, some feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance :)

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
The Ariat Heritage Contour might be good for you? They're the only long boots that I can find that fit my skinny calves and short lower legs. Bit over budget though at £230 but there's some cheaper ones on eBay at about £190.

starry23

Visit site
I have to say that I love my ariat bromonts. Again, a bit over budget but I think they are worth the extra.

Not tried tredstep boots so can't comment on that.

I did have a pair of shires long boots (Norfolk I think) and they were ok but I ordered the wrong leg width so ended up selling them after a while as they were too big round my calf but they were nice quality and I think around the £90-100 mark.

frannieuk

Visit site
The Ariat Heritage Contour might be good for you? They're the only long boots that I can find that fit my skinny calves and short lower legs. Bit over budget though at £230 but there's some cheaper ones on eBay at about £190.
Thanks, will have a look at the Contours - it's a pain having skinny calves isn't it?!

I have to say that I love my ariat bromonts. Again, a bit over budget but I think they are worth the extra.

Not tried tredstep boots so can't comment on that.

I did have a pair of shires long boots (Norfolk I think) and they were ok but I ordered the wrong leg width so ended up selling them after a while as they were too big round my calf but they were nice quality and I think around the £90-100 mark.

I had a pair of Bromonts before which were quite nice, fancying a change this time though - will have a google at the Shires too :)

Javabb94

Visit site
I have mountain horse supremes but they are £330 ish and slightly too small in the foot for me to get the slimness so I have just bought tredstep donatellos which were £200 and they are beautiful for the price!!
Tredstep and mountain horse are the only off the shelf boots to fit me height wise - (I'm 5ft 11 with 13" calves - nightmare!!)
They look really smart and traditional and I'm really pleased with them. They are a 13" calf and extra extra height!!!
Always loved the tredsteps!!! Got mine from tiggas saddlery stand at Breckenbrough BE last week who managed to fit me!!

LMR

Visit site
I'm in desperate need of some new long boots for everyday riding. I've got a pair of Equitheme Veronas, which are beyond their last legs and I would've bought another pair except they've rather inconveniently stopped making them!

So, your suggestions/reviews please! I'm a size 6.5 (ariat) 7 (most other makes) with skinny calves, and I like the sort of long boot that is very fitted around the ankle, and not at all bulky, and I'd prefer to keep below the £175 mark if possible.

Notwithstanding the budget, I quite like the look of the Tredstep boots, so if anyone's got a pair, some feedback would be great!

Thanks in advance :)
I have a pair of rectiligne softy one boots which are good for my non existant ankles.
Got them from www.lochlandsequestrian.co.UK on sale too

I think Mark Todd field boots are quite good too. I had a pair a couple of years ago. Lasted well.

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
Thanks, will have a look at the Contours - it's a pain having skinny calves isn't it?!

Skinny and abnormally short according to most boot manufacturers! 31cm (12") around calf and 40cm (15") from floor to back of knee, plus size 6 feet. No nice boots fit me :(. I've been lusting after the Mountain Horse Snowy River but they'll never ever fit :( :(.

Last edited:

frannieuk

Visit site
Skinny and abnormally short according to most boot manufacturers! 31cm (12") around calf and 40cm (15") from floor to back of knee, plus size 6 feet. No nice boots fit me :(. I've been lusting after the Mountain Horse Snowy River but they'll never ever fit :( :(.
LOL Mine are skinny but between normal and tall in most brands, next time I find a pair that fit, I'm buying two pairs ;)

Javabb94

Visit site
Yes they are lovely and soft. Feel comfortable rather than felling like I will have to wear them lots to break them in.

Yes they are really slim fitting and no ankle baggy ness.

MileAMinute

Visit site
I got some Shires Norfolk boots for Christmas. Took me ages to finally wear them as my old boots were comfy (but broken!). Absolutely love the Norfolks. Really nice, soft and supple boots. Moulded to my leg nicely and they clean up well for shows :)

frannieuk

Visit site
Yes they are lovely and soft. Feel comfortable rather than felling like I will have to wear them lots to break them in.

Yes they are really slim fitting and no ankle baggy ness.
They sound perfect, might take a wander to my local tack shop as they have a sale on!

I got some Shires Norfolk boots for Christmas. Took me ages to finally wear them as my old boots were comfy (but broken!). Absolutely love the Norfolks. Really nice, soft and supple boots. Moulded to my leg nicely and they clean up well for shows :)
Thanks for this, they also look like they might be an option :)