Your favourite tackshop - day trip

WelshD

Visit site
I am planning a big day out to a rack shop

I'm looking for one where I can browse for ages or one that has something going on as well like an equestrian centre or cafe

Just to lose myself for a few hours

Within a two hour drive if the midlands would be good but always happy to travel for a treat!

Ingatestone Saddlery is top of the contenders so far

Anyone have any recommendations please?

Waffles

Visit site
My favourite Tack shop of all time is John Ayres in Rumney, Cardiff - no cafe or anything, but it's old fashioned, personal service with really knowledgeable owners/staff who are happy to go and find you 3 or 4 different styles of jods or whatever, you try them on, they'll fold it all back up etc. The place is stuffed with everything related to equine things including toys and DVDs. Everytime I have been there just on the off chance, they have what I want and in my size!! There may be a cafe nearby as well - I will check!

WelshD

Visit site
It's ok I'm not planning to go today :)
Good to know about the one in Cardiff as my my family are in the west country and I make frequent trips down there. Thanks :)

neep

Visit site
I used to always go to robinsons (st helens) and derby house (parbold) but haven't been for ages. I have ingatestone on my door step now but I never really go and I deffo would not travel for 2 1/2 hours to go there

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
North west is a good bet. You've got derby house, Robinsons, the fab tackshop at Somerford Park, the even better sandbach and alsager saddlery and Crewe saddlery.

cider loving mare

Visit site
Aivly in the newforest. It's massive with loads of stuff. First time I went I was in there for 2 and a half hours. The second time 2 hours. There is a cafe opposite it and of course you can go say Hello to the nf ponies. After too. Quite far from the midlands though. :)