Your Handy Dandy HHO Jargon Buster!

maxapple

Visit site
Years ago I used to see adverts and think ISH meant 'sort of' as in mareish! So I'd wonder if a 16hh ISH meant nearly 16hh / looks like 16hh etc :)

Garnet

Visit site
There are some more technical ones too . . .
EMS - Equine Metabolic Syndrome
IR - Insulin Resistance
Lammi - Laminitis
BF - Barefoot

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
'I just spat my coffee/coke/substitute beverage of choice all over my keyboard/screen/self' Really? Did you actually just do that because it was SO damned funny? :rolleyes: Meant as a nod to someone else's humorous post, frequently used.

Too nasty? Sorry, I just see it a lot and I'm sure there must be many keyboards destroyed by orally incontinent people. :)

tonitot

Visit site
Slightly off topic but I ride a horse who's racing name is YANBU, apparently it's a red sea port im Saudi Arabia but I like to think the person who named her was a mumsnet user :D

The wife

Visit site
'I just spat my coffee/coke/substitute beverage of choice all over my keyboard/screen/self' Really? Did you actually just do that because it was SO damned funny? :rolleyes: Meant as a nod to someone else's humorous post, frequently used.

Too nasty? Sorry, I just see it a lot and I'm sure there must be many keyboards destroyed by orally incontinent people. :)

I am one of these orally incontinent people (unless wine is involved) hence I bought a wipe clean ipad rather than attempt to remove crumbs/tea/other suitable beverages from ones keyboard. Saying this I do it publicly too, which is highly embarrassing at the best of times. Pretty sure it's TMI (learnt this one this week.) to let others know of my mouth related incontinence.

LeannePip

Visit site
This is great :)

IIRC - if I remember correctly

And one I feel hasn't been been explained: HHO - horse and hound online! Took me a while to work out what the O was for!!

The one is see a lot of and never worked out what it meant was AFIK? Or those sorts of letters in some sort of order :D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
This is great :)

IIRC - if I remember correctly

And one I feel hasn't been been explained: HHO - horse and hound online! Took me a while to work out what the O was for!!

The one is see a lot of and never worked out what it meant was AFIK? Or those sorts of letters in some sort of order :D

Afaik - as far as I know means as far as I know :p

Tobiano

Visit site
Very helpful :) so useful to be able to do the emoticons too.

I always thought that OTTB meant 'over the top thoroughbred'! Ooops.