Your HHO Journey...

doriangrey

Visit site
Smiley malfunction ... how do you add them, I thought you just copied the ubb code in but it doesn't seem to work for me :(

Last edited:

Arizahn

Visit site
Smiley malfunction ... how do you add them, I thought you just copied the ubb code in but it doesn't seem to work for me :(

It's ok, you clearly have smilie flu too. Prevents proper use of smilies. Bah!

Back on topic, this is my second year on HHO. I think I have learned a fair bit, and have found a few friends too. I got a lot of support when my nerves were wrecked re riding, and also with finding a meat man for the dogs. I pretty much live on here when at home, it's better than television and doesn't need a licence, so more cash for the pony!

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Joined yonks ago. Was trying to find some way of helping my then horse. There wasn't anything to be done, but I met a whole bunch of nice people and a few horrible ones. Learnt a lot. Had some major giggles.

Now though, I don't feel like I belong any more. I spend more time on ToH and even on FB (shock horror for those that know me lol). I still pop in here now and then, just can't get comfy any more.

doriangrey

Visit site

Back on topic, this is my second year on HHO. I think I have learned a fair bit, and have found a few friends too. I got a lot of support when my nerves were wrecked re riding, and also with finding a meat man for the dogs. I pretty much live on here when at home, it's better than television and doesn't need a licence, so more cash for the pony!

I think I joined December 2012, but I had lurked before I took the plunge. Basically I was just drawn to the common interest (ie horses) but it's amazing how many different and strong opinions there are on here, a good thing overall. And yah boo sucks to the smileys!

Last edited:

skint1

Visit site
I'm not well known, haven't really discussed anything major that has happened to me in any depth with members. I remember mentioning in a post that my father had died that week and no one even noticed but I don't take it personally, that's the nature of message boards. I don't know how long I have been a member or even why I came, probably because of some hellish situation with daughter's first horse, I was always scared to post here because it was supposed to be a bitchy place, but I've found it friendly and when I have asked for advice, I have found the advice given to be of a good quality.

Arizahn

Visit site
I'm not well known, haven't really discussed anything major that has happened to me in any depth with members. I remember mentioning in a post that my father had died that week and no one even noticed but I don't take it personally, that's the nature of message boards. I don't know how long I have been a member or even why I came, probably because of some hellish situation with daughter's first horse, I was always scared to post here because it was supposed to be a bitchy place, but I've found it friendly and when I have asked for advice, I have found the advice given to be of a good quality.

Sorry for your loss, skint1.

Starzaan

Visit site
My HHO journey... hmm...

I have learnt -
that mechanics are vile, and gingerbread men don't change that.

Farriers, no matter how stony-faced and monosyllabic they are, are not immune to a bit of morag wafting and the welly dance, but they will turn out to be absolute ratbags.

That having your hair dyed will almost kill you and ruin your life.

That whelks have feelings too.

Soldiers are the way forward.

And that whatever the problem, it can be solved by slutty knickers and casual lesbianism.

Annagain

Visit site
Was googling for answers about my horse's lameness (as well as, not instead of, vet's advice before the usual happens!) and stumbled across the forum. Lurked for a while and read lots of terrifying posts about Navicular (turned out not to be) and then took the plunge - that was 5 years ago.

Got very involved at one point but come on here far less often now - in fits and starts really when work's got a bit of a lull (like today!) They are much fewer and further in between these days since I got promoted!

Ladyinred

Visit site
My HHO journey... hmm...

I have learnt -
that mechanics are vile, and gingerbread men don't change that.

Farriers, no matter how stony-faced and monosyllabic they are, are not immune to a bit of morag wafting and the welly dance, but they will turn out to be absolute ratbags.

That having your hair dyed will almost kill you and ruin your life.

That whelks have feelings too.

Soldiers are the way forward.

And that whatever the problem, it can be solved by slutty knickers and casual lesbianism.

Aaaaaand here is another member we no longer see enough of!! Some of my favourite threads.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I've posted a whining post to HHO Admin, when HHO for a short while only permitted a handful smilies per reply
(which made me react like this
overreactsmiley.gif
)

I don't remember that but I wish they'd go back to it! I can't be the only one who finds all these smilies and images really irritating.

I'm sorry, if it is the animated smilies that you're referring to, I know that you're not alone, and I try to restrain myself and not post too many animated smilies, however, sometimes I get a little carried away. But the limit was changed upwards, because it also meant that people could only post a handful of photos of their horses per post.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I sadly have lost the links to the smilie sources :( Am stuck with the basic ones...

Thank you!

Hmm...never mind! I will go practice.

I have flu at the moment. Missed out on a lovely group hack with lovely fellow liveries today :(

Hopefully the cure for smiley flu
n020.gif
. Change so that you copy the URL code instead, insert the smiley code in your reply as an image link, so that before you post your reply, it should look like this

JavaJaneW

Visit site
Came here (after Googling) in 2005 after my wonderful TB was bitten by a dog in the hock.
Needed advise, and had some truly lovely support from people here, started a diary for Eric and everyone followed his story for a few months until the day I had to let him go when the infection ravaged his body :(
Stayed here, had a RS and had some really touching and appreciated help over the years from members, some who came to visit, to help etc. Ups and downs, help-ed by people here.
Did the Godiva photo albums for everyone.
Posted loads of photos, stories of spooky nights.
Had tremendous support when we lost Phantom, rising 5, very suddenly, and support when a small few turned nasty on here.
Again, when I suddenly lost Herbie in a tragic field accident, the support from my friends here, as above.
Stopped posting after this, and don't come here much to post, I do read and keep up with things.
Still have that great support from my friends here and FB. Couldn't do without them.
Part of my family really, this place, even when it changes :)

Hells Bells

Visit site
Well, I joined here about 3 years ago, maybe 2 actually. I wanted advice re PTS and experiences as I was worried about what to do when the time came. I got some lovely replies advice and pms, all of which were very insightful. People were incredibly kind and drew on personal experiences to help me.

Since then I've had many a giggle, shed a few tears, got very angry and down right grumpy.

I've partaken in far too many "think of a show name" threads, I've watched threads develop with happy endings (eg Tessy bear), sad endings (Queenbee and Ebony) and down right annoying endings (the rehoming Romanian stray dogs thread).

I have learned more about poo and pee and (horse) willies and boobies then I ever knew before, I have met some fellow forumers completely by fluke at events, and been sucked in by trolls and their tales. I have also learned that I am quite a fluffy bunny in comparison to other posters on here, but those people who are much more straight edged than I have imparted so much wisdom and knowledge to me (even if I do find them scary!)

I lurk on here daily but don't post as often, I even got my first warning for inappropriate posting a couple of weeks ago!

Thanks all for teaching me all you know!

Oh, and for what it's worth- my oldie is still going strong at 35 :)

Last edited:

doriangrey

Visit site
Hopefully the cure for smiley flu
n020.gif
. Change so that you copy the URL code instead, insert the smiley code in your reply as an image link, so that before you post your reply, it should look like this linkaddress[IMG] .[/QUOTE]

I like your posts, there can never be enough smileys. OK, here goes:

[IMG]http://yoursmiles.org/bsmile/sad/b0415.gif

Ha ha, I just couldn't resist this one!! You are a star FinnishLapphund!