Your horse live and HOYs

SafeInSage

Visit site
Hi all

It is my first time going to HOYs and YHL this year. Any advice? Best shops?

I followed YHL shopping last year and saw the sales, but couldn’t get Saturday tickets as I left it too late. I have a feeling YHL will have better shopping as they’ve got an outlet hall this year.

Portly

Visit site
YHL is far superior for shopping to HOYS much more horse based and better deals. HOYS is amazing for atmosphere and nothing like it, so both have positives.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
YHL is far superior for shopping to HOYS much more horse based and better deals. HOYS is amazing for atmosphere and nothing like it, so both have positives.

Yep nailed it. I've done trade stands at both, way more people researching saddles at YHL but we launched a new rebrand at HOYS as it's all about the razzmatazz.

bertie123

Visit site
I went to HOYS yesterday. Paid for a gold ticket for fantastic seating in the Andrew Bowens arena. The show is fabulous, you will really enjoy whats on offer. The stalls are varied but as you'd expect pricey. I think there may be more 'bargains' to be had at other shows. Like someone said earlier the atmosphere in the arena is fabulous. enjoy if you go!

p.s I took sandwiches, snacks and drinks in my rucksack. Food is pricey. :)

SafeInSage

Visit site
I went to HOYS yesterday. Paid for a gold ticket for fantastic seating in the Andrew Bowens arena. The show is fabulous, you will really enjoy whats on offer. The stalls are varied but as you'd expect pricey. I think there may be more 'bargains' to be had at other shows. Like someone said earlier the atmosphere in the arena is fabulous. enjoy if you go!

p.s I took sandwiches, snacks and drinks in my rucksack. Food is pricey. :)

Saturday was great, arena was fab but slightly disappointed that the displays were too similar imo. Was hoping to see a tribute to Queenie of some sorts as a display (although the pictures of her horses on the wall to the arena were a nice touch). Feel they missed an opportunity with the displays and they didn’t name the first one until Saturday - seemed like they were trying to fill the space quickly!

Shopping was disappointing but I expected that. I have only ever been to the NEC for crufts (which uses most of the halls available and is absolutely massive) so was shocked at how tiny and cramped the shopping was. Also, far too many people between the afternoon/evening interval. Could hardly move in the shopping area until the afternoon lot went into the main arena. Overall a nice day but think I’ll go to the royal Windsor horse show instead next year - hopefully being outside will mean there’s more room to actually move ?

twobearsarthur

Visit site
Saturday was great, arena was fab but slightly disappointed that the displays were too similar imo. Was hoping to see a tribute to Queenie of some sorts as a display (although the pictures of her horses on the wall to the arena were a nice touch). Feel they missed an opportunity with the displays and they didn’t name the first one until Saturday - seemed like they were trying to fill the space quickly!

Shopping was disappointing but I expected that. I have only ever been to the NEC for crufts (which uses most of the halls available and is absolutely massive) so was shocked at how tiny and cramped the shopping was. Also, far too many people between the afternoon/evening interval. Could hardly move in the shopping area until the afternoon lot went into the main arena. Overall a nice day but think I’ll go to the royal Windsor horse show instead next year - hopefully being outside will mean there’s more room to actually move ?

The parade of the Queen’s HOYS horses & ponies was on Sunday when she was posthumously given the HOYS equestrian of the year.
Very emotional to see, especially with Stephanie Hill singing I Vow to Thee My Country and the photographs of The Queen’s life with horses, from childhood into her 90s on the big screen.
Here’s a link to a short clip of it.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CjgenawItHy/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

As for the shopping it was 100% better than it was just before covid, it was all eyebrow threaders and back massagers. I had a complex about my brows by the time we left in 2018!!

Last edited:

Birker2020

Visit site
Hi all

It is my first time going to HOYs and YHL this year. Any advice? Best shops?

I followed YHL shopping last year and saw the sales, but couldn’t get Saturday tickets as I left it too late. I have a feeling YHL will have better shopping as they’ve got an outlet hall this year.
There is a vast array of shopping at YHL but a lot of it is sorting the wheat from the chaff. I've gone about 10 years on the trot, haven't been since about 2018 though.

As I don't go anymore or compete at the moment I will let those LeMieux fans know that if you head over to the Horse Health stand as soon as the doors open they have brilliant discounts of some of the saddlecloths and gel pads, its a first come first served, but some of the products have been made incorrectly (girth loop sewn on backwards) or some other inconsequential thing and they are heavily discounted. I have most of my SJ white saddlepads from there with the sheepskin lining, paid between £20 - £40 for them all.

Also my acavallo seat pad, I've had two discounted from there in the past, I think they were £25.

The rug stalls are good with plenty of choice and because some of the stalls are cutting out the middleman they are a lot cheaper. If you want something specific like an air jacket for example, you can go round the stands looking at the different ones, Helite, Hit Air, Point 2, etc and compare quality and price. When I went in 2014 I got three free canisters with my Hit Air.

SafeInSage

Visit site
There is a vast array of shopping at YHL but a lot of it is sorting the wheat from the chaff. I've gone about 10 years on the trot, haven't been since about 2018 though.

As I don't go anymore or compete at the moment I will let those LeMieux fans know that if you head over to the Horse Health stand as soon as the doors open they have brilliant discounts of some of the saddlecloths and gel pads, its a first come first served, but some of the products have been made incorrectly (girth loop sewn on backwards) or some other inconsequential thing and they are heavily discounted. I have most of my SJ white saddlepads from there with the sheepskin lining, paid between £20 - £40 for them all.

Also my acavallo seat pad, I've had two discounted from there in the past, I think they were £25.

The rug stalls are good with plenty of choice and because some of the stalls are cutting out the middleman they are a lot cheaper. If you want something specific like an air jacket for example, you can go round the stands looking at the different ones, Helite, Hit Air, Point 2, etc and compare quality and price. When I went in 2014 I got three free canisters with my Hit Air.

Is there much left on the Saturday/do they replenish sale stock each day? I’m going on the Saturday and slightly worried that it’ll all go Friday!