Your horse live

dollymix

Visit site
The event is held in big industrial units so I wouldn't say they are either warm or cold. I do struggle with my Raynauds in there but that is because if it is cold enough for my fingers to go then the units aren't warm enough to bring the blood back.

However, if you have a normal circulatory system, I wouldn't say that you'd need a hat and gloves. All the people milling about inside add enough warmth to make it perfectly fine.

That said, I would suggest bringing a lightweight jumper as it probably isn't warm enough just for a t-shirt. (Unless it is unseasonably warm outside them you might get away with it.)

Thanks for the advice. I also have Raynauds Disease so it’s worth knowing that! Thanks

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Does anyone know if you can take food or drink in with you?

You can take whatever you want in with you. I took water today but ate lunch in the main inside cafeteria. They have built new marquees and pavilions so it’s no longer in the old sheds with plenty of space inside, lots of outdoor food vendors and some very nice Bloomfields boxes. We watched one outside stage and then Ben Atkinson in the main arena after lunch. It has changed a lot since the last time I went and didn’t feel crowded at all. I was able to look at, pick up and sit on lots of saddles as I’m on the hunt for a new one and while I didn’t buy more than a few bits and pieces it was well worth it and a useful day out.

peanutsmumma

Visit site
You can take whatever you want in with you. I took water today but ate lunch in the main inside cafeteria. They have built new marquees and pavilions so it’s no longer in the old sheds with plenty of space inside, lots of outdoor food vendors and some very nice Bloomfields boxes. We watched one outside stage and then Ben Atkinson in the main arena after lunch. It has changed a lot since the last time I went and didn’t feel crowded at all. I was able to look at, pick up and sit on lots of saddles as I’m on the hunt for a new one and while I didn’t buy more than a few bits and pieces it was well worth it and a useful day out.

I'm glad you have had a nice day.

What was the temperature like, just decided if I need to take a coat or just a jumper!

SafeInSage

Visit site

Glad you had a nice day! Super excited for tomorrow after seeing all the insta posts. It doesn’t look as busy online as it did last year - maybe tomorrow will be busier as it’s a Saturday.

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
Oli & Geoff are entertaining but they are on every year. Same with Charlotte who I find a tad dull. Not that excited by the stunt riders. I’ve always found the smaller arena more interesting, one year the showed scales of training & it was cool to see the horse change as the rider showed what was expected at different levels. Shopping is good if you are after something in particular, you can try stuff on. Check online prices before you buy, especially with Black Friday coming up.

Supertrooper

Visit site
I agree that the demos have become very repetitive over the last few years

It’s a shame because I’ve seen some brilliant demos there including Pippa & William Funnell, Carl Hester (never find him boring) and one of the best ones being The metropolitan mounted police showing how they train and bombproof their horses

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I had a lovely time, so much better now it's all spread out but took a while for me to work out where things were ? Don't normally watch demos but did watch Geoff as he's funny and his little lad is very sweet.

Plenty of bargains to be had, few large names still missing but in all the best it's been for years ?

SafeInSage

Visit site
Oli & Geoff are entertaining but they are on every year. Same with Charlotte who I find a tad dull. Not that excited by the stunt riders. I’ve always found the smaller arena more interesting, one year the showed scales of training & it was cool to see the horse change as the rider showed what was expected at different levels. Shopping is good if you are after something in particular, you can try stuff on. Check online prices before you buy, especially with Black Friday coming up.

Yes I’m pretty up to date with deals online so hoping I’ll be able to spot the good ones. Was mostly excited for the Lemieux outlet but I’m also well aware that their NYE sale is far better than show deals (albeit very annoying when they don’t count stock properly and cancel your order!).

Does anyone know if joules has an outlet there this year? I’ve seen them on the exhibitor list. They had an outlet at a local country show this year and it was brilliant - got £60 jumpers for £14 with no visible damage.

SafeInSage

Visit site
How did everyone find it?

I loved it. Jay & Laura and Oliver & Geoff were brilliant and so funny.

I really liked the fact it was in multiple halls and outside. Managed to get a few little bits without going overboard. As usual, many of the same type of shops in each hall (the ones always selling the same tweed jackets for children and tacky jumpers) but overall very happy with the amount of shopping and space. It didn’t feel crammed at all (with the exceptions of the Lemieux outlet and the toilets).

Rescue village was lovely too. Seemed busy all day, hopefully they got some good donations.

Definitely on the calendar to go again next year

Sandstone1

Visit site
went yesterday and although there is more room with new layout there is really nothing new. Demos same as last year really. Disabled parking is on grass which is really not great for people in wheelchairs etc. Had it been wet it would have been a nightmare. Same for all the outdoor stalls. More seating and catering this year which is good. No where near as busy as normal. bought a few things but no major bargains that I saw, when you take in to account the price of tickets. A lot of big stalls missing such as feedmark, allen and paige etc.
All in all a bit "Meh" for me really.
No show guide just a map of the site. Rescue village is nice but had quite a few empty stables. I think they need to change the demos as there was nothing I had not seen before. In my opinion its not worth the ticket price unless they update the demos. No way would I pay for vip or standard plus tickets unless they get some new demos.

Last edited:

peanutsmumma

Visit site
I went yesterday and although I had a lovely day with my friend, I was very disappointed at the actual show.
There wasn't the bargains that there used to be and the shops were very samey.
I went with a list and came away with one thing off it!

Sandstone1

Visit site
I went yesterday and although I had a lovely day with my friend, I was very disappointed at the actual show.
There wasn't the bargains that there used to be and the shops were very samey.
I went with a list and came away with one thing off it!
Yes, thats how I felt. They really need to change it up a bit or I think it will go down hill. They are getting greedy with the ticket prices and putting nothing new on. Same old demos, far less bargains on the stands and even putting disabled parking on grass this year. How will that work with people in wheelchairs etc if its wet?